Unlimited access >

Quality Trailer Brands?

My beloved Brenderup LSL is going on 12 years old, and I’m considering selling it on and upgrading to a full dressing room (2 horse BP). I’d like to be able to carry enough hay in the trailer for a 5-day show. Right now, it needs to go in the truck (or in a stall if I only have one horse). My horses range from 15.2 to 17h, so I’m looking for WB size.

My instinct is to look at Hawk because I know of several owners that are happy with theirs. However, I recognize that there may be other options. I’d rather high quality than low price, interested in aluminum, and possibly a Rumber floor? So, where else should I look?

The Brenderup was ordered direct, and took 9 months or so to arrive if I remember correctly. What are wait times looking like right now?

Thank you!

What is your tow vehicle’s capacity? I like Hawk and Adams. Currently have a 4Star that I love

2 Likes

8600 lbs.

Thanks! I looked at 4Star, but I’m not sure how I feel about the nose cone dressing rooms with no short wall. I didn’t see a traditional floorplan on their website.

Just making sure your vehicle could handle a larger trailer since people who use Brenderups are generally using low tow limit vehicle. Not sure about the nose cone thing so can’t help you there.

Yes! When I bought the B’up I had a smaller tow vehicle, but I’ve upgraded :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could also look into Werm and Polylast flooring. I have Polylast in mine and I love it.

Also, depending on where you are in the country, Adams is a great smaller-brand that is very popular on the East side of the US (since someone else mentioned it but I had never heard of it until I moved to the mid-atlantic).

1 Like

Werm is the bomb! Absolutely love it

3 Likes

If you’re ordering new they’ll do whatever you want. Add one or two feet to the length if you want a larger dressing room.

1 Like

I’ve had four 4 Stars in 30 years. When I’ve traded them, I’ve always traded down in size. None of them ever had a problem and they really hold their resale/trade value. I suspect that nose cone is for aerodynamics, which you probably guessed as well.

1 Like

Thanks all! I’m in the NYC area, so Adam is definitely around. I’ll check them out as well.

I also had a Brenderup that I sold 2 years ago. Decided to get back into riding last year, was put on a wait list for 6 months for a new Hawk 2 horse bumper pull. Finally arrived last October. Really like the build and the quality. Was the larger of the two models so horse has plenty of room. I would recommend a Hawk.

2 Likes

Thank you!