Unlimited access >

Question: Showing Training Level in Canada

I have a stallion that will need a horse license number (used to be passport) to go Training level in Canada. This requires the owner (I am USA based) to have an EC membership, or maybe a reciprocal USEF may work?

Our options are – the trainer could show under “her ownership” to save me the membership cost (although, I kinda would like to be listed as owner) or there is also a lease form we might be able to use but I’m not sure if it gets the me (owner) out of having to pay for the membership.

That being said, if there is no work around, can someone walk me through the process or send me the link to pay all of the dues?

Thank you!

The boy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was able to find this for you:

Beginning December 1, 2023, the following membership and participation requirements will be in effect:

USEF Members Participating in EC-Sanctioned Competitions

• USEF Competing Members in good standing will be given a no cost EC Sport Licence for the purpose of competing in EC competitions. (EC Sport Licence holders are required to pay the appropriate levies as indicated in the EC rules and regulations, which are applicable at the time of the sanctioned competition.)
  • Pursuant to EC rules, all individuals competing in EC-sanctioned competitions must be EC Sport Licence holders in good standing of EC, and those 18 years of age and older must complete the Fostering Healthy Equestrian Environments Training and the EC Concussion Awareness training before being allowed to compete.
  • USEF members competing at international competitions sanctioned by EC are required to pay high performance fees as defined by the EC rules.
  • For information about how to obtain a no cost EC Sport Licence, please visit/contact sportlicences@equestrian.ca.

Email them and let us know how it goes!

1 Like

Just email USEA/USEF and let them know. You should be able to use your US membership.

Also love your boy, I’ve seen him out and about!

1 Like

Thank you SOOOOOOOO much! I am absolutely clueless when it comes to CAN stuff … LOL! I will let you know what they say :slight_smile:

@Jealoushe OHHHH Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: that is awesome!! He really is a good boy. I am quite pleased with him.

1 Like

Update:

USEF: $80
Owner sport license: $104 USD (looking back, since I have the USEF, I don’t think I needed to purchase this :rofl: :rofl: oh well )
Silver level horse activation/recording: $89 USD

When equestrian.ca replied, their email was incredibly detailed and helpful!

5 Likes