Unlimited access >

Quiet American

Just at home social distancing here and researching my horses pedigree! Weve got Giant Gizmo on the top and Quiet American on the bottom. He looks like he was a really nice stallion and I found some racing videos.

Anyone have any lines to QA for eventing?

He comes up in sport pedigrees with above average frequency. Off the top of my head, Meghan O’Donoghue has an advanced horse by Quiet American named Palm Crescent.

https://www.pedigreequery.com/palm+crescent

He tends to be pretty popular among people who source TBs for sport. Personally, the individuals I’ve known by him haven’t been my favorite. But I am hesitant to hold it against QA given that so many other people really like his get.

2 Likes

I seem to see him on the dam’s side a lot in the sport horse types I like. My new OTTB’s grand-dam is by Quiet American. He hasn’t evented yet (and may not, not sure which direction he will go yet) but he is a lovely type. By Congrats and I think that the AP Indy/Fappiano cross is a nice one (although calling it a cross might be a bit of a stretch, so far back).

Palm Crescent is the only one directly by him I can think of at the upper levels but I am sure he shows up more often further back in lots more. You get Fappiano and a double of Dr Fager with him which I think is great for jump and athleticism. I think there have been a few threads on him a while back, so you might find more with a search!

1 Like

Dorothy Crowell had a nice little horse by Quiet American that did YEH and a CCI* before she sold him. He was just about 16h, but a big mover with a nice soft jump. I did a lot of the early riding on him as a 3-4yo.

QAs tend to be very plain bays, sometimes with homely faces, but generally athletic and good for eventing.

2 Likes

Dr. Fager is by Rough 'n Tumble, who is In Reality’s damsire. In Reality has been an excellent stallion in sport pedigrees. He and Olden Times are the only two stallion lines that go back to Man 'o War at this time. Quiet American is the sire of Real Quiet who won the Derby and was a long shot, but was my pick after looking at the Racing Form before the race.

1 Like

Cool! I am pretty excited, she has some very big and nice movement and seems to have a great athletic build for eventing