Unlimited access >

Quiet QH bloodlines

She’s 4 this year but was 3 in those pictures.

1 Like

Love him! No denying he’s a Jo Jo!!

While there are always stereotypes for blood lines, I guess I personally wouldn’t pay as close attention to that. For example, my Shotgun I used to have (sold last year) was bred to be a barrel racing horse. He was also bred Mr Illuminator who had a reputation for horses that bucked. Shotgun didn’t follow any of those. He was my steady eddie. The kind that could sit all winter long for months and months, you could hop on bareback in a halter with a 40+ mph wind, and go for a walk on a loose rein. He didn’t spook. He didn’t buck. He was just the same. Ironically, he did turn out to be an amazing barrel racing horse until I had to retire him due to a health issue, but his new home adores him and he’s the perfect trail riding horse. Quiet and safe.

You said you want a YOUNG HORSE to bring along. And you want something quiet and NOT spooky. Therefore, I would advise you NOT to look at young horses. Look at ones out of those “baby” years who have been there and done that. With a real young horse, it sometimes really hard to know how they are going to pan out as they age.

If you buy a yearling, it is impossible to know if they are going to turn into the quiet safe non-spooky horse you want. JMO.