Unlimited access >

Rambo Blanket Liners

I’ve heard on how great the Rambo liners are and I’m looking for a medium(200g) blanket. So my question is: Do the liners hold up the same as a normal 200g blanket? I’m planning on getting a Rambo no fill then get a 200g liner so I can use it as a lite blanket and a 200g blanket.

The Rambo liner I have is like a stable blanket. I don’t think it is waterproof. I use it under a heavy rainsheet for winter turnout.

The liners only work with a Rambo (or certain Rhinos and Amigos). They work great; I bought a 200g to go with a sheet, and I had no issues with it shifting or anything, but that was only one winter. They attach to the neck and clip at the tail cord too. They don’t come as far down as the turnout, so they’re not as likely to get stepped on. But yes, the liner itself is simple, like a stable blanket, but without the hardware.

yes they do hold up well.

Thank you! When you attach the liner to the blanket, does the attachment stay attached if you take it off your horse? Or does it fall off and you have to reattach it when you put it back on?

[QUOTE=onelanerode;8750339]
The liners only work with a Rambo (or certain Rhinos and Amigos). They work great; I bought a 200g to go with a sheet, and I had no issues with it shifting or anything, but that was only one winter. They attach to the neck and clip at the tail cord too. They don’t come as far down as the turnout, so they’re not as likely to get stepped on. But yes, the liner itself is simple, like a stable blanket, but without the hardware.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! When you attach the liner to the blanket, does the attachment stay attached if you take it off your horse? Or does it fall off and you have to reattach it when you put it back on?

The liner can stay attached, but since it’s only attached at a few points, I prefer to separate the layers to put them back on the horse. I usually only attach them at the tail end–you can use them with non-Horseware blankets if you only fasten them there. I’ve used my liners under Schneider’s blankets and maybe a Weatherbeeta.

I’ve been using Rambo Optimos with the 200 & 400g liners for 2 seasons now. I love them! They don’t shift, easy to work with, and I only have 1 waterproof layer per horse to launder at the end of the season, instead of 3.

I’ve used the Rambo Duo liners for years and they’ve held up great. Those attach at the neck using velcro straps and then clip to the d-rings back by the tail strap. I typically leave the whole thing hooked together when removing and putting back on unless I’m changing liner weights.

I use the Rambo liners on my non Horseware sheets as well. They work pretty good. The only thing I don’t like about them is the static. I have to remember to ground myself before and while taking them off.