Unlimited access >

Rambo Duo blanket for high withered tb- thoughts?

Any advice/ reviews/ experiences greatly appreciated…I am currently in a blanket nightmare with trying to find a blanket to properly fit my young, high withered, big mover tb. He currently wears the rhino wugs BUT I do not like how they fit him BUT they fit the best with what I have tried. I find the front clips sit way too high on his chest, there just is not enough space for his shoulders, and he has a pretty upright build that I do not think it super compatible with the high neck.

SO I’m looking more towards the rambo line and came across the duo which I liked the sound of. But does anyone have any experiences with how they fit? Especially on the tb type? OR any recommendations would be great. Thanks!

We use the green Rambo turnouts w no fill and liners in different weights. We also use hoods when it’s really cold. I find they fit every horse we’ve put them in, regardless of the shape.

2 Likes

We have two high witherered OTTB geldings, and we almost exclusively use Rambos for them. Neither of them gets rubs, and the cut is roomy so they aren’t constricted with movement.

This is the Rambo Original with Leg Arches. The V snaps hit him mid chest, not too high not too low. He’s a medium-light boned horse, between 16.2-16.3, size 81. My mother’s horse is a little shorter, 16.1-16.2 but is a little heavier boned, also wears an 81 and the V snaps are in the middle of his chest as well.

2 Likes

thank you- this is super helpful!

We had a 16.2 tb with huge shoulders and a wither like a mountain peak and he wore duos without a rub. The liners are great because you can switch them out and wash them. Which also helps prevent rubs. I find the duos size more like the rhinos, a little smaller than the traditional and supreme rambos.

2 Likes

My TBs have regular Rhinos with necks and have no issues. If you want to stick in the same price range. Both 16.3/17 hands, but very different body types. One is wider and sometimes mistaken for a WB, one is the more typical athletic, rangey looking type.

Both of their blankets have the straight buckles.

Also, the bigger one does have a Rambo stable blanket, which fits great.

2 Likes

Just keep in mind that the liners fit differently than the blankets themselves. I have a horse that needs the v-clip and all the liners just have the one piece of straight velcro across the chest. It may be that the only liner I have is the AirMax, so it’s not a smooth inside like the other liners, but I find that it pulls back and gets tight across my horse’s chest, which does not happen with the v-clip.

1 Like

I have a similar issue with the liners and the straight chest closure. I just leave it undone. The attachment at the top of the neck seems to be enough bc mine always stay in place despite my boy’s shenanigans

The Rambo liners have a deep V with the straight Velcro closer. It doesn’t cause a problem for us. Other brands do.

2 Likes

My tb it’s not an issue but my riding horse needs a deep neck opening. I got him an Amigo XL recently and have been very happy with the cut of the neck. Finally something that’s not choking him when he puts his head down! I’m hoping the matching liners will be a win for us!

1 Like