Unlimited access >

Ranitidine AND omeprazole / Alfalfa pellets

Hello!

Has anyone used omeprazole (Abler pop rocks for me now) AND Ranitidine (equate, Walmart for me) together?

I’m hoping to get some hind gut treatment for my guy which I know omeprazole wont address, but the ranitidine should.

just not sure if they are safe to give together.

Also - for anyone who has fed alfalfa pellets, do you get the “small” or regular pellets? do you soak? Choking issues?

Thank you!

[QUOTE=Brtripp;8314282]
Hello!

Has anyone used omeprazole (Abler pop rocks for me now) AND Ranitidine (equate, Walmart for me) together?

I’m hoping to get some hind gut treatment for my guy which I know omeprazole wont address, but the ranitidine should.

just not sure if they are safe to give together.

Also - for anyone who has fed alfalfa pellets, do you get the “small” or regular pellets? do you soak? Choking issues?

Thank you![/QUOTE]

Ranitidine does not address hind gut ulcers. Foregut, like omeprazole.

Right, both are for fore gut ulcers, not hind gut.

I have used alf pellets for years. I get the small ones. I don’t know if the big ones are available around here, but I do know a couple people who use them as that’s all that’s around them. They say they are HARD, and require soaking. There may be small pellets that are that hard, but IME most are “soft” like pelleted grain, and don’t require soaking, but certainly can be.

They present no more a choking issue than anything else.

I use omeprazole (powder) and feed small alfalfa pellets. I do soak the pellets but only because she has few teeth.