Unlimited access >

Re setting password frustration

so I have a new laptop. I had ‘remember’ passwords on the old one. so, I could not get in to forum. I kept trying to re set but it never accepted it, and I never got the email. did contact mods to try to get help. anyway. ONLY sharing this in case I wasn’t the only one doing it wrong! the need to reset password prompt has a space to enter email/username. I did. repeatedly nothing. Just to say: JUST type in your email. don’t use a / or add a username. sheesh. would have been so easy to just direct us to put in the email. (never did hear back for any help, btw)

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion! We’re still in a bit of limbo with our tech help. I didn’t hear back from my initial inquiry to them, and I missed your follow-up (that I just found) on Friday in response to our first exchange.

Thank you for sharing the solution you found, and my apologies for leaving you hanging!

AFAIK The / means or. So it means enter email or username, not both at the same time.

Kind of same issue with new device, and appreciate the info in the OP. Have not gotten an email to reset password, however. Does anyone know how long it typically takes to receive that reset email?

(yes, have checked spam folder :slight_smile: )

Just verifying that you have not yet received the reset email. Correct?

I received it - yay! - unfortunately expired so I will resend the request (tomorrow when I am fresh) in the faith that it will work. Thank you so much!

Please let me know if you have any further trouble with the system and I’ll contact the tech folk to have them reset it for you.

Thanks for your patience!

1 Like

Mission accomplished - perfectly! Thanks again. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ah, great! Thanks for reporting back!

1 Like