Unlimited access >

Recommendation for shimmable western pad

I am looking for recommendation for shimmable western pad that needs to be contoured.
Pros and cons in terms of material,wool felt versus fleece or synthetic.
Budget friendly would be great - i saw some perfect high end ones but trying not to break the bank :grinning:

Western Anatomical Saddle Pad - Equinnovations

I LOVE this pad. Ok, it is not economical, but it is fantastic! Shimmable, contoured, spine clearance and nicely shaped. The website I posted is Canadian, but I imagine they are sold out of the US too, but they are European. I have had mine for 6 or so years, and it is still in fantastic shape!

1 Like

thank you for the tipp ! looks wonderful,just checked it out.i think i found one from total saddle fit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also not economical but EcoGold has a western pad line that I’m probably going to buy myself.
A friend has one and swears they are the only pads that stay contorted, up off the wither, and they are totally shimmable.

1 Like

yes those are nice,i saw them posted.

1 Like

Love my Total Saddle contoured, shimmable wool saddle pad. My horse has never been more comfortable. Pricey, but worth every penny !

1 Like

I bought a Mattes when they were 30% off plus another 10% off. Fully shimmable with felt pads. It wasn’t too far out of the price range for similarly shimmed options.

1 Like

that is what i just got,found one in good condition on ebay :slight_smile:

2 Likes