Unlimited access >

Recommendations on women's show breeches

I will be attending some hunter/jumper A rated shows this summer and the one thing I am missing is show breeches. I’d like to spend under $125 on them. Which ones would you recommend?
What color do you wear?

Thank you!

Tan, not pukey green beige.

You really need to go try on different brands and styles, as everyone’s body type is different. Without knowing your relative size and body type (size 12, chunky butt vs. size 4, slim build) it is hard to recommend a brand.

$125 is doable as a price point.

Do avoid any breeches that are very low rise, and those with “fancy stitching” across pockets or back. Plain, well-fitting, clean and tan should do you fine, regardless of the venue.

Thanks and good point on the body type.
I’m a curvy size 8 and am 5’8

Okay, that helps! I wear FITS Beka breeches, side zip style. (I’m 5’7", size 12…um, “mature” shaped :lol:) and they hold in my tummy, fit fabulously and wear very well. I know they are hard to find now, as they are promoting their Kate breeches (front zip). I do like Ariat’s breeches, too.

Good luck. When you find a style you like, buy two! They seem to change without warning!

In your price range I would try some of the Ovation breeches. They wear well and are “highly styled” like the more expensive brands. I too love my FITS but they are more expensive.

Also have bigger butt and thighs relative to my waist. Fits Beka fit fabulous as do Ariat (I have couple kinds of Ariat, but can’t remember specifics.)

I second the Ovations! I got the Mirabellas and love them, I had to get a second pair! They’re about $80, so they’re pretty affordable.

I love the Tredstep Symphony Rosa side zips. They’re a lovely shade of light tan, the fabric is medium weight and breathes well, plus they have a stain resistant finish.

I really like my Ariat Heritage breeches. They run around $100 and wear well. They’re a bit of a thicker material though so they’re a bit sweaty for the summer.

[QUOTE=Thoroughbred in Color;7976340]
I love the Tredstep Symphony Rosa side zips. They’re a lovely shade of light tan, the fabric is medium weight and breathes well, plus they have a stain resistant finish.[/QUOTE]

I fully endorse this recommendation; just bought my first pair of these (I am 5’2", 122 lbs and a size 6 in normal pants; bought the 28’s which fit just right). $119 and they are dreamy. I like the Ovations, too.

I have the Ariat Heritage breeches as well and really like them. They are a low-rise but hit me about an inch or so below my belly button. They come in front zip, side zip, and full seat, which is great! I also really like the detailing on the pockets as well, its very subtle but still quite a nice touch.

For reference I am a size 2-4 in regular pants and 28L in breeches, 5’8 with moderately thick thighs and hips

Tan! :slight_smile:

I am a size 8 and 5’9" I am curvy behind but have a short torso with not a lot of hips. I love the Taylored Sportsman Trophy Hunters Low rise…

It’s so worth the investment since no other breeches fit me better other than Animos which are pricey but hold up like iron.

But you really need to find out what fits you best. Any simple tan color will do for showing.

Another vote for the Tredstep Rosa’s, and I have heard good feedback on the Ovations as well.