Unlimited access >

rehabbing from SI pain after injections

Over the past several months, I’ve worked with the vets to try to pin point exactly where my horse is sore. Vets think the pain is up high in the SI region. He’s been vacationing for about a month but can go back into work this weekend.

For those of you who have had horses with SI pain/injuries, what are some good exercises to incorporate, and how slowly should we get back into work?

Prior to his performance deteriorating the horse was working solidly at training level, moving towards first level. I was pregnant and stopped riding. Leaser began to jump horse a bit and he fell apart. First at the canter (got crow hoppy/lots of tail swishing), then thrashing/head shaking at the trot. We initially thought hocks (so injected them), checked teeth (floated them), chiro adjustments, time off, robaxin/bute regimen, treated for low positive chronic lyme. Most recently he had a sore stifle and vet prescribed estrone and putting him back into work. Now stifle is better but he was equally lame/not stepping under himself, which led to the SI conclusion. Just wanted to provide a little back story.

Thanks in advance. Just want to bring my guy back into work/shape slowly. I now have a Back on Track sheet for him, so I’m hoping that helps him as well.