Reiki... for human? for equine?

The Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine (directed by Dr. Mimi Guarneri who wrote an excellent book by the way) incorporates some type of energy healing modality along with other treatments. Not all things are quantifiable, however in my case, I had a barely functioning heart before surgery, which was in even worse shape than I realized from past echocardiograms. My surgeon was excellent. I had 3 Reiki sessions post-op. My one week post surgery Echocardiogram ‘blew away’ all doctors as they had never seen such an improvement in ejection fraction in that short of a period of time in someone with such severe problems prior to surgery. Can it be proven it was the Reiki as opposed to just an excellent surgeon? No, but on the other hand it certainly did no harm. First do no harm is still an important principle, whether one agrees with the need for or efficacy of a given modality.
(Aortic valve replacement and Tricuspid repair)

I’ve had it done a few times on myself (and someone mentioned polarity, too! which is AWESOME).

I really enjoyed them. I had them done on me when I was in treatment for my eating disorder, and I must say, I found it so relaxing and helpful.

Maybe four or five years ago there was a massage shop in my town and the woman also practiced reiki…I have severe allergies, and it seemed to offer me some relief, though the shop has since closed. That’s all I know about it though!