Unlimited access >

Reining at the WEG

Whoever the main commentator is for the reining is cracking me up. He clearly know nothing about reining (but is learning quickly) and his descriptions and enthusiasm are endearing and hilarious. Especially with that Aussie (?) accent.

Anyone else watch the 2nd qualifier today? I’m 3 riders in right now. Love watching the riders from all the other countries - both the riding styles and the tack.

Indeed! Especially because he keeps mixing up maneuver scores and penalty points.

the accents are funny. We just need a British commentator too.

Either British or French. Either would add to my enjoyment. I’m so used to watching reining with no commentary (in person and live event feeds with an announcer only) that I can’t decide if I like it or not.

It was a wonderful finals! Crowd was LOUD! Lots of fun. I had to laugh at the Italian rider - he took such a comic pose in the big circles, looked like TOy Story cowboy to me… I have some pics, but will post them later. slow connection here at the hotel.

Any pix you have would be much welcome. Any if anyone there complains to you that reining is unnatural and not something a horse would choose to do on it’s own…

Tell them I told you I’m NOT showing your pix to my pony Hoover, who just now discovered the fun of doing bolt-sliding stop over and over in his pen. Despite being a bit arthritic in his rear end. At the tail end of a rainstorm that turned the ground to clay soup. While I yell at him from the window to knock off the daydreams of France before he crashes and hurts himself having too. much. fun trying out reining moves in the slop!

[QUOTE=lorilu;7740121]
It was a wonderful finals! Crowd was LOUD! Lots of fun. I had to laugh at the Italian rider - he took such a comic pose in the big circles, looked like TOy Story cowboy to me… I have some pics, but will post them later. slow connection here at the hotel.[/QUOTE]
I went to the Thursday qualifying, what a hoot! Reining fans absolutely rock :yes:

Was therefor every single reining run… awesome!