Unlimited access >

Reputable lesson program near Omaha, Nebraska?

One of my lesson kids (and her family) is moving to Omaha. Her mother asked for recommendations for a good lesson programs for kids (with safe schoolies). Any ideas? Thank you!

What type of riding?

We’re a Pony-Club/eventing barn here but the kid is 9yo, so “safe & good” matters more in terms of program than the discipline itself.

might want to cross post in Dressage and Hunter/Jumper forums, many of the poster there do not venture into this area of the forum

1 Like

Thanks! Will do!

also pull up the breed associations’ youth groups to see if any are located in Omaha

1 Like

Quailrunhorsecentre.com

Wonderful family. They have been actively involved in H/J, Pony Club, and Fox Hunting for decades.

1 Like

Great idea! Thanks!

Wonderful! I’ll pass this on. Thanks for sharing!

The lesson horse part is the really hard part. Ponca is another place I think has lesson horses.

2 Likes

We were heavily involved in PC when I was growing up, and spent a number of those years riding at Ponca Hills. From their website, it looks like many of the original cross country fences have been mended, too. I went back to riding in my late 20s and took lessons on some of Ponca’s lovel lesson horses. OF course, now that I’m 45, I have no idea what is going on these, but M sure they still run a good program.

I took a few lessons with Corrine…ach, can’t think f her last name right now, in Bennington, NE. She was fun, had lesson horses, but I think I needed to be braver than I was at that point. I think she also has x-country course or at least jumps.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll pass these along!

1 Like