Unlimited access >

Rethinking New Name - New Horse

Bashert.

1 Like

How about something in yiddish? My father was always trying to get me to name my horses with yiddish insults, which for some reason he thought would be hysterical. But maybe something that represents your Dad?

4 Likes

Sounds like my dad. He’s not allowed to name anything. He was going to name a fish Fluffy.

3 Likes

Beautiful horse!

Some possible names:

Justis
Rag-top (barn name Rags)
Agave (barn name Aga)
Jury Trial (barn name Trey)

1 Like

What about Tevye? Father from Fiddler on the Roof (the actor just passed away and it’s in my head)

But, more importantly, IS HE HERE???

1 Like

Mensch
Yom Tov
Tzadik

1 Like

First of all – he’s gorgeous!!

Since your dad was Jewish, you could follow the tradition and name your horse after one of his parents. We named one of our cats Boris after my mom’s father in that tradition.

For a barn name, how about “Chip”? Simple, sure, but it would honor what you said about how close you were to your dad – “a chip off the old block” I think is what you said in your original post.

2 Likes

I bought a horse named Frank. My dad’s name, too. I was good with it until my friend asked how I’d feel the first time he stepped on my foot and I yelled “Dammit Frank!!!” I thought about it, about all the possible times I’d be annoyed at the horse.

I changed his name.

2 Likes

Perhaps I just have a weird sense of humor but I think naming a fish named Fluffy is absolutely hilarious!

1 Like

He is!!! And he’s amazing so far!!

We ended up choosing Casanova. My Dad was quite the charmer. And my friend’s horse was a Nova who passed away 7 years ago, so we decided to honor him with his barn name :blush:

5 Likes

Omgosh, I love these :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Order is the Court is great! I would have probably done this one had we not chosen Casanova. I took a step away from COTH while getting ready for him and all of these ideas are amazing!

1 Like