Unlimited access >

Retired horse board options? - Encinitas, CA

I live in the Carlsbad/Encinitas area of North San Diego County. I need to find an affordable board option for my 30 year old retired hunter in the Encinitas/Olivenhain area. Needs to have good turnout options or he loses mobility (group pasture is hard to find but is ideal). I realize this is extremely hard to come across. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

OP, sent you an PM with a suggestion. Might be a bit far for you but the level of care is great at its $250 per month which I’d say is inexpensive relative to what they offer.

[QUOTE=4THEHORSES;8546336]
OP, sent you an PM with a suggestion. Might be a bit far for you but the level of care is great at its $250 per month which I’d say is inexpensive relative to what they offer.[/QUOTE]That sounds like an incredible deal. I am paying $400 for a facility near Paso Robles. The care and lifestyle are both excellent.

[QUOTE=Peggy;8546953]
That sounds like an incredible deal. I am paying $400 for a facility near Paso Robles. The care and lifestyle are both excellent.[/QUOTE]

It’s a great deal Peggy. Pasture board, use of their arena and round pen, they feed plenty of good hay and I know some of the other boarders also get grain but not sure whether they supply it themselves. I’m guessing the barn supply it but not sure.

They also have access to trails right off the property and it’s a short trailer ride from other good rising spots.