Unlimited access >

Retirement Farms or Lower Cost Board Recommendations for Retired QH?

Hi all! I have been searching for somewhat of a retirement home for my 20 year old QH gelding (who looks a fabulous 15 might I add!). Currently, I have him and my younger mare at a full care show barn type facility (which is great, by the way!!) but my boy is no longer being worked and I think he is ready to enjoy just being a horse. I often wish my place offered a cheaper option (which they used to, but times have changed) where I could do self care because I love it there so much.

My ideal place for him would be within 1 hour or less driving distance. I live in Glen Burnie, MD but he is at a farm in Crownsville, MD (only about 10 min without traffic). Anywhere between Crownsvlle and Annapolis/Harwood would be awesome. Or even a place between Elkridge/Ellicott City area and Westminster. Field board would be okay as long as there is shelter and shade of some sort. He is actually all white (not cremello or perlino) with all pink skin and blue eyes and currently stays in during summer days, but will opt to keep him covered head to toe with fly sheet/fly mask for his comfort since being in is causing him to be stiff these days. Full care or partial care is also ideal. Looking to spend $250 or less. (I know these places are out there!! They always seem to turn up when I’m not looking! :lol:)

Please let me know if you have any recommendations!! Thank you in advance!! :smiley: