Unlimited access >

Returning to Riding...Advice and Where to Look in DC Area?

Hello!

I rode growing up - did some fox hunting and some local showing. Since leaving for college and subsequently getting into the workforce I haven’t been able to ride as much as I would have liked. I moved quite a bit and, as a result, bounced around to different barns. In the past 10 years I have probably only ridden on/off for about 2.5 years total. I have recently moved again - just south of DC in Alexandria, VA and am planning to stay put for awhile. I am so excited to be right near prime horse country and get back in the saddle.

I am looking for any advice from people who have gotten back into riding as adults. I do not have a horse currently, but would like to find a barn and trainer to ride with that can help me get my skills back and hopefully help me to find a horse to lease or buy sometime in the next year. Does anyone know of a good farm in the Northern Virginia area that takes on adult riders? I am potentially interested in doing some local showing but more than anything I want to find a hunt club to join. Any recommendations on hunt barns and which hunts in the area are open to newcomers is much appreciated. Mainly I am just trying to get back into the scene so any advice helps!

Thanks so much.

Sent you a PM!
Come join us out here in Horse Country!!