Unlimited access >

Ride IQ: where do you put your phone?

I have this: StashBand

It’s tech fabric so it doesn’t get hot. It is super slim, holds everything in place (no bouncing) and I don’t even notice it’s there. It may have been someone on COTH that recommended it.

Would an armband work for this? I don’t have RideIq but I was playing around last summer with tracking my rides on my phone. I found out my phone fit perfectly into one of my spare medical armbands.

1 Like

I also am a RideIQ user and I love it. My phone rides in my huge thigh pocket on my Esprit tights. I don’t understand why these mainstream companies (talking to you, KERRITS) won’t learn that people need useable POCKETS on riding pants!

5 Likes

I have several pairs of Kerrits tights that have huge thigh pockets…

1 Like

A fanny pack works great.

Sometimes I use my radio which has blue tooth. Just like having a real lesson.

Local Facebook marketplace or Kijiji.

I know! I can’t believe more companies aren’t adding cell phone pockets to breeches. I love the pockets on my Kerrits tights but I only use those in the winter (when I have an abundance of pockets between coats, jackets, and winter riding tights) and Kerrits breeches don’t have the dang pockets. :woman_facepalming: So I’m looking for a good cell phone holder that goes on my belt. I have one that attaches to my saddle, and we joke that I’ll always be able to find my pony (via the Find my iPhone app), or my “iPony”, if he gets away from me. :laughing:

2 Likes

Are they full seats? That is all I will wear. And the Kerrit “Sticks” as they call them just aren’t sticky enough for my liking. Maybe I am just too picky shrug

2 Likes

I have a pair of Kerrits that are full seats and have two big thigh pockets on each side! Good amount of grip on them too

I have several pairs of these

I will only buy breeches with thigh pockets. I listen to a lot of podcasts on speaker with my phone in the thigh pocket and quality is great. I imagine it’s the same concept of RideIQ. I’ve found Pikeur seized on the thigh pocket trend early and keep improving. I get mine from MyBreeches in the UK.

How is it holding up? I saw a lot of reviews on Amazon for that one and they said it falls apart after a few months. But I like the design!

I’m not sure I have the exact same one, but it’s held up fine for me for years. I also only ride a couple times a week. Newer ones might be slightly different, mine barely fits a newer iPhone., so they may have had to redo the pattern. I got mine at Dover.

1 Like

I have a phone case that attaches to my belt, super easy, it clips on so I can take it off after my ride.