Riders with MS

This week I tried smooth rowel spurs. My lower legs are not longer going to get tired! Both mares I rode showed NO signs of irritation, and responded MUCH quicker than to my POW or Waterford spurs. I am so glad I tried these spurs, it is going to be a long hot summer down here in NC, and now I will have to use a LOT LESS ENERGY on horseback.
My hands are light. Now my legs will get lighter too! JOY!!!

Thank you for all the replies. This has been very helpful for me in trying to challenge an enthusiastic, self-motivated rider without doing harm.

:winkgrin:

[QUOTE=chai;4812628]
Can anyone share their thoughts with me about assisting beginner adult riders who are dealing with MS? I would like to hear from anyone who is dealing with this so I can better help a student who is a new rider with great courage and enthusiasm but limited use of her legs. I want to challenge her and keep her lessons interesting without pushing too hard, too fast.
I would be very interested to hear from instructors about lesson exercises that have helped riders dealing with MS, and from riders who can share their thoughts, concerns and success stories.
Thankyou.[/QUOTE]

SLOW DOWN…I’M IN A HURRY !!!

I am new to this site and don’t know how to get around on it.
I am 67 , female, and been fighting MS for 27 years. No doubt I’m not in the shape I used to be, but…without riding, I wouldn’t be walking. I don’t ride enough anymore and will have to get back with it. The longer I ride, the better I walk. Cowboy boots only!
Good tip for any stumbling along…like me! They have turned up toes and when a leg and foot drag they sorta even out with the floor and keep you from stubbing and draging your toe. No rubber!
Too sticky and will put you on your head in a hurry.

Hope to hear from someone!
Jan Witte