Riding after low distal tbia ostiotomy surgery should I say will I ever jump again.

Well I had low distal tibia ostiotomy surgery to realign my tibia, ankle, and foot in Feb of 2013. I went to what was suppose to be the best doctor. Was told I would be riding again in July. Complained to him about severe pain ever since I started walking on it again. He ignored it pretty much. Missed the whole season of riding and showing, lost most of my clients as I couldn’t ride, and FINALLY he did a CT in OCTOBER and it showed my grafts weren’t healing. Then he decided to put me in a custom orthotic, which by the way I had been asking for since JUNE, and it is helping. But still not even 50% better.

So word of warning to those that the doctor pushes this surgery on you to prevent fusing your ankle, think twice, ask lots of questions, and be pushy. I was in less pain with my tibia constantly stress fracturing due to being unaligned .

Oh and if you want to see some cool xrays of it I can post :lol:

Keep us posted on your progress. I’m a firm believer that no one is better expert on your body than you! Totally agree that you have to push sometimes to get doctors to listen.

[QUOTE=Couture TB;7377657]
Well I had low distal tibia ostiotomy surgery to realign my tibia, ankle, and foot in Feb of 2013. I went to what was suppose to be the best doctor. Was told I would be riding again in July. Complained to him about severe pain ever since I started walking on it again. He ignored it pretty much. Missed the whole season of riding and showing, lost most of my clients as I couldn’t ride, and FINALLY he did a CT in OCTOBER and it showed my grafts weren’t healing. Then he decided to put me in a custom orthotic, which by the way I had been asking for since JUNE, and it is helping. But still not even 50% better.

So word of warning to those that the doctor pushes this surgery on you to prevent fusing your ankle, think twice, ask lots of questions, and be pushy. I was in less pain with my tibia constantly stress fracturing due to being unaligned .

Oh and if you want to see some cool xrays of it I can post :lol:[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen to me but a hip osteotomy. I also had a lot of pain for months afterwards and when they did a CT I also had a non-union of the bones. They redid the surgery and re-aligned everything and it all healed great and I now have no problems.

With situations like this, I would find another surgeon. I don’t get why they cant redo the surgery they just did to allow the bones to heal. If they are not healing, its because there is something they mis-aligned and your system is telling you there is something wrong. I would seriously find another doc.