Unlimited access >

Riding crop repair

I finally found the crop I lost. It had been sitting out in the weather, and something ate some of the rubber grip. It’s missing about half, cut down vertically from the top. Like if you hold it up vertically, for about 2 inches or so, one side is missing. The other side flops around.

(|
(| <–rubber grip eaten away
(|
(|)
(|)
(|)
|
|
|
|
|
/|\

Is there some way to wrap this or something to coat it with so it won’t be so bad and the empty spot could be filled in with something so it’s round? Don’t really want to replace it, 'cause it’s just the grip that’s damaged.

First thing that popped into my head was using hockey stick tape.

P.

Yes, I’ve used tennis racquet tape, which probably is the same as hockey stick tape. Most sporting goods stores should have something. You can always sort of fill the gap with vet wrap or something under the tape.

Sports tape would be the easiest thing to do. I saw a can of Rustoleum rubber truck bed liner spray on at Walmart the other day. I wonder if you could spray on layers of rubber to fill the gap. Sounds pretty messy but if you don’t like the sports tape idea, you might want to try it.

You could cut off all the remaining grip and glue on a replacement golf club grip. Any sporting goods store or pro shop should have them.

[QUOTE=Hej;7661428]
You could cut off all the remaining grip and glue on a replacement golf club grip. Any sporting goods store or pro shop should have them.[/QUOTE]

This is what I was thinking.

I use black electrical tape.

Rescue tape. You’ll find it in the plumbing section of the hardware store

I have vet wrap on mine and one of those rubber circle things for blanket straps

[QUOTE=Hej;7661428]
You could cut off all the remaining grip and glue on a replacement golf club grip. Any sporting goods store or pro shop should have them.[/QUOTE]

At work, I’m walking distance from a golf pro shop. On Monday, I’ll see what they say.

Would never have thought of that. Thanks!

Is there a track near you - that has a whip maker they use. He could do a custom re-do, or a golf shop…or latex!