Unlimited access >

Riding in Berlin, Germany?

I am spending my summer in Berlin, Germany and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for hunter/jumper lessons/farms or such? I have been riding for 15 years and shown nationally at AA horse shows in the Junior/AO Hunters, Equitation, International Hunter Derbies, and jumpers up to 1.30m. I do not know how much time I will have to ride while I am over there but would like to be able to take a few lessons or something at the very least just because I know I will miss my horse and riding. I have tried searching for suggestions online but only found a few things recommending some dressage places. If anyone has any leads or suggestions or is a horse person who lived/has been to Berlin I’d love any help available! Thanks!

LowerSaxony_Jumper is German and could maybe help you locate some place near there.

I loved in Berlin in 86-87, before the Wall came down. I’m jealous! You will love it there.

Totally depends on what you’re after. If you’re looking for more of a learning experience you’ll be best off to contact the provincial association. This page has links to stables in the Berlin area. Browse away :slight_smile:

http://reiten-in-berlin.de/staelle/in-berlin.html

If you run into trouble don’t hesitate to call the Verband directly. Another good idea might be to contact the Neustadt-Dosse State Stud. It is a bit over an hour away from Berlin but I’m sure they can help you out and they also have a boarding school-program so should be able to come up with suggestions:

http://www.neustaedter-gestuete.de/de/content/view/full/64

A last idea would be to contact Mr. Schmitz from Miteldeutsche Pferdemarketing GmbH I can digg up his number if necessary. It is mostly dedicated to the marketing of their horses but I’m sure Mr. Schmitz will help you out with contacts for jumping lessons. Have fun!

Thank you so much for your help!!

Wow, I didn’t even think to search for this topic before posting- I thought I was the only one in this situation and just posted a similar question.

Do you speak German? I’ve been living here for about a year and a half (still not speaking German- my work is in English, which makes it a little less ridiculous, maybe) and will be here for at least another year and a half. I will try the suggestions you were given and will let you know if I find anything.

[QUOTE=pcc93;7388669]
I am spending my summer in Berlin, Germany and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for hunter/jumper lessons/farms or such? I have been riding for 15 years and shown nationally at AA horse shows in the Junior/AO Hunters, Equitation, International Hunter Derbies, and jumpers up to 1.30m. I do not know how much time I will have to ride while I am over there but would like to be able to take a few lessons or something at the very least just because I know I will miss my horse and riding. I have tried searching for suggestions online but only found a few things recommending some dressage places. If anyone has any leads or suggestions or is a horse person who lived/has been to Berlin I’d love any help available! Thanks![/QUOTE]