Unlimited access >

Riding to music - what tempo's for each gait?

I’ve heard a lot of good things re: riding to music, and besides that would also like to at some point be able to set up a freestyle or something for shows.

I can’t seem to find information on what tempo’s are required for what gaits, however.

What are the general tempo’s for each different gait rhythms?

BC

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
“Success is relative to how well you stay
on the horse.”
^^^^Disgruntled College Student Clique^^^^
&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Fur der piaffe I haff finded that wot I like verrie mucho it be “Oye Como Va.” Si.

I haff sayed this be fore, I be ein German horse und this it be straight from mein mouth.

I’ve heard a lot of good things re: riding to music, and besides that would also like to at some point be able to set up a freestyle or something for shows.

I can’t seem to find information on what tempo’s are required for what gaits, however.

What are the general tempo’s for each different gait rhythms?

BC

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
“Success is relative to how well you stay
on the horse.”
^^^^Disgruntled College Student Clique^^^^
&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I can just picture you high steppin to that music.a "

4/4 for walk. 2/4 for trot. 3/4 for canter.

But, you also have to realize that every horse has a slightly different speed/tempo. You need to get a metronome and figure out what your horse’s best rhythm is and then match it to some music.

It’s all about ME, ME, ME!!! (The only signature worthy of a real DQ.)

This is pretty random, but you know the song Iron Man? I’ve always wanted to use that in a kur. Woudn’t that scare the pants off a judge! I wonder if they would take off…

It’s a sad day in American capitalism when a man can’t fly a midget on a kite over Central Park.

http://www.ultimatedressage.com/phpBB/index.php

The Ultimate Dressage BB has a Forum for Freestyle. A lot of very good information there.

_\]
– * > hoopoe
The ancient Greeks did not write obituaries. They only wanted to know if you had a passion.

Dear Willem: PLEASE will you choreograph my routine for me?? We have this new thing in carriage driving called “Freestyle Reinsmanship” which is a 2-minute driven kur. My human (I love her, BUT…) keeps threatening me that she’s going to use Lou Reed’s “Metal Machine Music” if I don’t stop falling in on the corners… Please could you tell her that for a grand old TB like myself, This Truly Cannot BEEEEE? And suggest some alternates?

Thank you very much, O All-Knowing One!

Love
Avery

“It’s a thin line between a smart TB and a smart-@$$ TB.”