riding with hemorrhoids?

my hubby has had this issue much of his adult life and keeps it managed the best he can. lots of fiber, Metamucil, etc… Dr says Surgery is a last resort and that hubby does not need it. there are days he just can’t ride. are there any tricks that would help him be able to take a weekly ride? he does take ibuprofen for the inflammation, and has prep h. i also give him mini pads if he feels he needs them. idk what else to do to suggest with the discomfort

Would taking a Cashel seat cushion and cutting the middle out of it (making it act a bit like a doughnut) work to help take a bit of the pressure off the sore part? Or mixing prep h with an ointment that has lidocane or another topical analgesic in it and applying before tacking up?

I think the new seating system on some Stubbens tries to address this problem. I forget the name starts with a B but basically your seat bones are higher on the padded area which leaves the middle where his jewels are not touching the seat.
This is not a uncommon problem and riding does makes it worse and may be the orginal cause of the problem. Stay away from gel seat or cashel, seat saver should be 100% sheepskin only.
Bike store also sell mens padded underwear that may help with the problem as bikers have the same problem.
PM me for more info.

thanks for the tips. keep them coming.

Often its tissue that should be up above the ring of muscles, but has sagged down below the sphincter or is being directly squeezed. Manual manipulation can temporarily help, pushing it above the ring.
that doesnt work if its directly on or below the ring.
Has he tried an ice pack at home, to reduce the swelling ?

idk. i don’t think he has tried ice.

They used to suggest ice and witch hazel together.

Any of you women out there have this issue? i do and its stopping me from riding and weight lifting (light weights). LOts of home rememdies but i’ve been warned the medical treatments are brutally painful and tempoary fixes. No thatnk you.
Apparently olde eauestrians, truck drivers , people who sit all day t work will have this problem, 50% of population over age 50!
I just want to keep riding…