Unlimited access >

Rigbie Farm for CEM Quarantine?

To use or not to use? We recently imported a stallion and used a facility in Rhode Island that was wonderful, but Maryland is closer and also recommended by our agent. What have been your experiences? The stallion knows his job and is very easy on the ground and under saddle, I do know that they do not offer riding, only the walker, and that is fine. I’ve only heard the opinion of the agent, which is great, and one other opinion from someone who imported a stallion that she said came home very “studdy.” I’m not sure how “studdy” he was to begin with, but I would like for our stallion to remain the same sweet boy he is now!

I used them in the past for a mare and they were excellent. I think Hilltop Farm has used them in the past also.

I have nothing but good things to say about Rigbie- Great facilities, very professional and very knowledgeable staff.

Ditto what tabula said; highly recommend them!
I have a stallion who went through there several years ago, he is a lamb!

Wonderful horse people.

If it’s any indication, I saw Sapphire there in 2008 on her way home from the Olympics :wink:

Thanks everyone! I think we will definitely use them. . . I’ve got a call placed to them now, hopefully they have room soon!

Looks like you already decided, but just wanted to add my endorsement of them also. Phenomenal horse people, very knowledgable and professional.

Sheila

Great place super people, my stallion received the best of care at Rigbie. I think you’ll be very happy with you choice.

I also had a stallion come through the quarantine at Rigbie. He did come away from the experience fairly studdish, but then he had never been exposed to live cover before. He had only been collected on a dummy. I think his response was a function of his unique personality and in no way reflective of the care and expertise of the people handling him. Be prepared to remind your guy of his manners if he arrives out of quarantine ready to rock and roll: thrilled to have become a U.S. citizen! Yeehaw!

Had one good experience and one not so good experience. There is a quarantine farm in N.J. now which would be much easier for me if I imported anything.

I have used them 6 times in the past two years for horses I have imported. I have had nothing but good experience with them.

Well, I’m late to this party, but Rigbie did a super job with the young mare I imported a few years ago. Her breeders in Europe were concerned that she’d lose weight with the stress of quarantine confinement since she was farm raised. She arrived from Rigbie in beautiful condition, ready to start training.

Our last few stallions went through there. They did a super job. Kathy

Sent stallions and mares there. Always excellent!!

[QUOTE=ise@ssl;7581155]
Had one good experience and one not so good experience. There is a quarantine farm in N.J. now which would be much easier for me if I imported anything.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I will not use them again, they did something very , and I mean very unprofessional. I use Blue Diamond now.