Unlimited access >

RIP Emmy Lou

Emmy Lou crossed the bridge today. Dear sweet kitty. She was 16. She developed treatment resistant asthma but we couldn’t rule out cancer either. Although she was still eating, her breathing was becoming more labored and she was clearly more panicked when she had an acute episode of shortness of breath.

I used a euthanasia service that comes to the house. Her passing was so peaceful in my arms. Godspeed Emmy.

Susan

15 Likes

Aww, so sorry to hear. What a pretty girl. Hugs to you :heart:

3 Likes

So sorry for your loss! Emmy Lou was beautiful!

Very sorry for your loss of Emmy Lou. RIP pretty one.

I’m so sorry. I was hoping you’d finally gotten the meds sorted and she was on the mend.

Hugs and jingles to you.

I’m so sorry @Kyrabee. Emmy will live on in your heart. I hope all your warm loving memories assuage your grief and bring you solace. Rest easy sweet beautiful kitty.

2 Likes

Yes…I thought we had meds sorted out. She would do better for 36-48 hrs then backslide. She did that a couple times. I started the inhaled steroid last week and after about a week, it was giving her stridor and seemed to make her breathing worse for a while post dose. Despite eating well, she was losing weight…down to less than 7.5lbs when her fighting weight in her younger days was 9.5lbs. She was just using all her energy to move air. It was just time. I almost feared I was that day late as she had an acute episode this morning that clearly panicked her. She did settle with some albuterol.

She was my first cat. I had always had dogs but after my last dog died, I decided that my schedule was not conducive to a new dog so I gave it a go with a cat. She was a perfect first cat. She was 10 months old when I got her.

I did get her a companion (a 5 week old male kitten). She was beyond unimpressed. I often times got some real stink-eye from her when he was hogging the attention or creating havoc. He is still with me and 15 years old so the house isn’t totally empty of little footfalls.

9 Likes

Godspeed sweet tabby cat… and hugs to you, it’s hard, no matter what.

1 Like

I am so sorry to read this. I hoped that she would improve with all you were doing for her. She is very pretty - the face says I am The Queen. RIP good Kitty.

2 Likes

:disappointed_relieved:Godspeed, sweet Emmy Lou
& Peace to you, giving her the gift of a stress-free passing {HUG}

2 Likes

RIP Emmy Lou. :broken_heart:

What a beautiful face! I’m so sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.:kissing_heart:

I’m so sorry. It hurts so much to lose them. Emmy was beautiful and looked very wise and dignified. You really tried and you did all you could for her. Hugs and love. :heart:

1 Like

So sorry for you. RIP sweet Emmy Lou. You are at peace now.

1 Like

Im so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful little girl.

The in home services are such a gift for the animals. I’m glad you have that in your area and that her passing was peaceful.

(((((Susan)))))

1 Like

So sorry for you. Having it done at home was a blessing

1 Like

So sorry. How nice that it could be done at home where she felt safe. My aunt used that for her dog when it was time. You will be missed by your people Emmy Lou.

What a lovely picture of your dear Emmy Lou. So sorry for your loss.