Unlimited access >

RIP Oscar

Well, my awards are gone. Emmy crossed the bridge in December and Oscar crossed today.
I am pet-less :cry: (for the moment :wink:).

Oscar’s appetite had tanked in the last couple weeks. I thought it might be related to his thyroid meds…thinking it had put him into hypothyroid. Nope, T4 was fine. Next day, after he hadn’t pooped for 3 days, I was able to get him to the vet or discover his poor little belly was full of fluid. The plan was to get an ultrasound to see where it was coming from (heart vs cancer of some kind). The vet’s he saw assured me that whatever the cause, the long term outlook was very poor. Today he was absolutely miserable. Mirtazapine and Cerenia had no effect. He hadn’t eaten more than a couple tablespoons of food in 3 days. After I got up this morning, he dove under the bed and stayed there. I had to move the bed to get him out. I could not bear the thought of watching him struggle until Tuesday.
He peacefully passed this afternoon.
This is funny…the first time I put his kitty holster on :rofl:.

20 Likes

So very sorry to hear about your baby.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss.

so sorry to hear this. It is tough to lose one.

{HUGS} It never gets easier.
Godspeed to your sweet Oscar.

I hope, in your own time, you consider a new pet, whether another cat or ???

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss. He sure was a beautiful boy. A beautiful dramatic boy. :joy:

Love that video!

1 Like

I’m so sorry about your boy. It’s sad when the house is empty. What a fine looking fellow he was.

That video. omg I laughed so hard - the tragic, horrified face and the stiff- legged walk followed by the dramatic collapse. What a character.

1 Like

Yes…the drama…that tail. He wasn’t pissed or anything :pouting_cat:. He actually got used to the kitty holster and we made many trips outside. He loved to roll around on cement. He was a haystack kitten and became an inside kitty at the tender age of 4 weeks. He will be cremated and his ashes spread in a place in the near-by mountains.

6 Likes

I’m so sorry you lost Oscar. He was a beautiful kitty! I love the video. It was, well, an Oscar-worthy video. Sending you many, many hugs… I love cats and I know how empty your house must feel. :cry: :heart:

3 Likes

I’m so very sorry for your loss. :disappointed:

1 Like

My heart is breaking for you. Godspeed precious Oscar.:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I’m very sorry for you! Sleep well, good cat.

BTW, am I the only one who gets teary with every RIP post here on the forum?

6 Likes

Sorry for your loss. RIP Oscar, play pain free with Emmy.

1 Like

I will definitely get another critter at some point. I really would like to get another dog (been dog-less about 17 years due to work and life). I am retired now but live in a manufactured home. Small lot, no fence. A dog will take a bunch of work. I am willing to do that work but heading toward winter think it would be better to wait until next summer after my trip to Iceland.

I am also contemplating finding a middle aged cat that needs a soft spot to land. If I can find one that will be nice to my 92yo mother that lives with me. She isn’t a cat aficionado but she did OK with my two. Maybe one that has been declawed. I would never declaw but I can offer a nice indoor environment.

We will see. After my last dog passed, I was going to wait a while. I didn’t even last a week before I got Emmy :wink:.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry. He looks like a total drama king in that video, though - full of attitude!

I have no doubt he and Emmy will send another kitty in need your way sometime soon.

3 Likes

I am so sorry about your loss(es), Kyrabee. I have been critter-less a few times, over the years, and it’s not a happy place for me.
Wonderful of you to think of adopting critter in need.

2 Likes

No, you’re definitely not the only one. :cry:

3 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss, RIP Oscar.

2 Likes

My deepest condolences upon your loss.

2 Likes

I’m sorry about Oscar. It’s never easy even when we know they’re struggling.

2 Likes