Unlimited access >

RIP Rainbow

I just heard from the breeder that the beautiful Rainbow has passed away! So sad! He was such a lovely horse and produced the same in his offspring.:frowning:

Goodness - is this the Pinto RPSI/Oldenburg ā€œRainbowā€? If so, how very sad. I have one of his daughters out of an RPSI/Thoroughbred mare of mine, & although sheā€™s solid-colored, she has a lovely temperament/conformation/movement. Beautiful horse.

Also have a tri-colored pinto Rainbow granddaughter out of the same mare. Again - wonderful temperament, which is uber important to me.

That is sad. A long time ago I remember inquiring about him and pouring through the info and video that was sent. I didnā€™t buy his semen because I couldnā€™t find a repro vet anywhere near me that was confident in using frozen. Seems like a hundred years ago now.

I thought I had heard quite some months back that he had passed - maybe even last spring. ???

We saw some nice Rainbow offspring over the years at the GA Oldenburg and RPSI inspections. I particularly remember about 12 years ago seeing a Rainbow foal out of a VERY crossbred mare (unlicensed Hanoverian sire over a Saddlebred/TB/QH mare). The mare was very nondescript and her gaits were very flat and limited in scope, but the foal was a VAST improvement type-wise and movement-wise on the dam. We were quite impressed.

You know - I heard that heā€™d passed last year as well, but couldnā€™t find anything about it on the internet. Every website that mentioned him or his owner Jan Kiblinger said nothing. In fact, thereā€™s still a website up re: his breeding terms, etc. Weird.

Rainbow

Yes, Rainbow passed some time ago. I have a Rainbow gelding; nice mover, nice looker and very laid back.

So sad to hear this news & not sure how I missed it. My Bastian is a Rainbow grandget.

[QUOTE=Bacardi1;5904857]
In fact, thereā€™s still a website up re: his breeding terms, etc. Weird.[/QUOTE]

If heā€™s got frozen semen, then this would still be relevant. Still sad to hear the passing of Rainbow!

True, but wouldnā€™t you think theyā€™d at least have an obit up for him? Particularly if he passed last year? I just found it strange.