Unlimited access >

RIP Rainbow

I just heard from the breeder that the beautiful Rainbow has passed away! So sad! He was such a lovely horse and produced the same in his offspring.:frowning:

Goodness - is this the Pinto RPSI/Oldenburg “Rainbow”? If so, how very sad. I have one of his daughters out of an RPSI/Thoroughbred mare of mine, & although she’s solid-colored, she has a lovely temperament/conformation/movement. Beautiful horse.

Also have a tri-colored pinto Rainbow granddaughter out of the same mare. Again - wonderful temperament, which is uber important to me.

That is sad. A long time ago I remember inquiring about him and pouring through the info and video that was sent. I didn’t buy his semen because I couldn’t find a repro vet anywhere near me that was confident in using frozen. Seems like a hundred years ago now.

I thought I had heard quite some months back that he had passed - maybe even last spring. ???

We saw some nice Rainbow offspring over the years at the GA Oldenburg and RPSI inspections. I particularly remember about 12 years ago seeing a Rainbow foal out of a VERY crossbred mare (unlicensed Hanoverian sire over a Saddlebred/TB/QH mare). The mare was very nondescript and her gaits were very flat and limited in scope, but the foal was a VAST improvement type-wise and movement-wise on the dam. We were quite impressed.

You know - I heard that he’d passed last year as well, but couldn’t find anything about it on the internet. Every website that mentioned him or his owner Jan Kiblinger said nothing. In fact, there’s still a website up re: his breeding terms, etc. Weird.

Rainbow

Yes, Rainbow passed some time ago. I have a Rainbow gelding; nice mover, nice looker and very laid back.

So sad to hear this news & not sure how I missed it. My Bastian is a Rainbow grandget.

[QUOTE=Bacardi1;5904857]
In fact, there’s still a website up re: his breeding terms, etc. Weird.[/QUOTE]

If he’s got frozen semen, then this would still be relevant. Still sad to hear the passing of Rainbow!

True, but wouldn’t you think they’d at least have an obit up for him? Particularly if he passed last year? I just found it strange.