Unlimited access >

River Talk? Free TB stallion on VAEquestrian

[QUOTE=fish;7071336]
. . . Anybody received responses to inquiries? Have plans to go see him?[/QUOTE]

I thought I’d bump this up a little . . .

We DID receive a reply & had a nice conversation, but in the end, made a mutual decision we were not the home for this nice stallion (no fault of his).

It sounds like there are a number of interested homes & it really looks like he will find a good home. And like fish, I will be interested to hear the happy ending, where ever he lands.

Wow, let’s see this through to the end! I can’t believe this gorgeous boy has been kept under wraps. Wow.

Updates?

I went to see River Talk. He truly is lovely, however he appears to be below 16.0 hands, more like 15.2 ish. I did stand next to him. He would be lovely for pony breeding. He is very correct, a nice mover, and very attractive, easy to handle. Beautifully made TB, you can see the Bull Dog/Teddy influence from his pedigree. He has spent all of his 17 years in his home pasture. I really hope that he lands in a safe place.

He really is lovely. Wish I could give him a home! I hope that he ends up somewhere fantastic as he is obviously very special and meant a lot to his former owner.

[QUOTE=VirginiaBred;7076859]
Wow, let’s see this through to the end! I can’t believe this gorgeous boy has been kept under wraps. Wow.[/QUOTE]

He would make a lovely addition to Otteridge, don’t you think? :wink:

[QUOTE=sporthorsefilly;7077160]
I went to see River Talk. He truly is lovely, however he appears to be below 16.0 hands, more like 15.2 ish. I did stand next to him. He would be lovely for pony breeding. He is very correct, a nice mover, and very attractive, easy to handle. Beautifully made TB, you can see the Bull Dog/Teddy influence from his pedigree. He has spent all of his 17 years in his home pasture. I really hope that he lands in a safe place.[/QUOTE]

Perfect height at 15.2, we need more lovely boys like this. What a beautiful creature.

I wish. We don’t have the facility for stallions (sold both that I bred) but WOW I love him!

Pony breeders, think he would be a good candidate for large pony foals if he is only 15.2??

With the right size mare, yes. Which is why I’m flipping out.

Whatever became of this boy. Has he found a home yet >?

[QUOTE=VirginiaBred;7077559]
I wish. We don’t have the facility for stallions (sold both that I bred) but WOW I love him![/QUOTE]

Doesn’t seem like this guy needs much “facility”…Frank would love to have a big brother!

Lolololololol…you are bad!!! :wink:

Yes, yes I am!! :smiley:

And just think of a Rita/Well Spent baby some day - you could name it Money Talks!

I am going out to see him today and plan to take pictures and maybe some video… if anyone ::coughcoughVABred:: would like me to send it to them - please PM me.

I am really excited to go see him, he sounds like a real love bug of a stallion. We could give him a loving home, however we breed on a veryy small scale and have never managed a stallion, but are willing to take on the new challenge and really want to make sure he has a soft landing (:sadsmile: a little enabling maybe needed lol we got this right?).

Our family agrees that if there is a better suited home interested to manage and promote such a nice stallion, we’d rather see him go there. SO please PM me if you want the pictures, etc! :smiley:

I have also talked quite a bit to Mrs. McConnell’s daughter via email and phone, so if anyone has questions or would like her email address let me know.

and what happened?

Stunning horse. I love his substance. I hope you got him!!

I want pictures!!

Sorry busy week and I thought I posted back.

River Talk - Rocky is a stunning stallion with a sweet soul. I’m not exactly sure on his size. I think he’s a large 15.2 (but could be 15.3 :o maybe?). I’m about 5’5’’ and they said he came up to about my eyes. He looks very correct with a very nice shoulder and neck. You can definitely see the Teddy/Bull Dog influence. He also has a lovely head and big eye. You can definitely tell he misses his owner. He didn’t really want to leave his fan and ‘come play’ with us, but he humored us. After, I just loved on him and scratched him and he reallllly enjoyed that. He wants to be a cuddly, loved stallion, since that was what he was previously used to - Very Sweet guy.

The mare that was his broodmare was also still there. She looks every bit of 16.2. Looked like a nice mover although her shoulder did look a bit more upright.
Here is her pedigree. http://www.pedigreequery.com/lucky+gold2
I’m not a pedigree expert… but I’m pretty sure it’s… awesome? lol any other comments would be appreciated, but from my untrained eye, looks to be a great sport horse pedigree

VABred - message me your email

ETA - and for more enabling VaBred - I think he’d be an easy keeper of a stallion :wink:

VA Bred - found your email and pictures sent! :slight_smile:

Did he come home with you?