Unlimited access >

River Talk? Free TB stallion on VAEquestrian

Just saw this ad on virginia equestrian about a Free TB stallion named River Talk
http://www.virginiaequestrian.com/main.cfm?action=classifieds&sub=view&ID=101463

Didn’t see a thread started on him yet, but he looks like a good looking, substantial TB. Anyone know him or (rip) his owner?

My condolences to his owner’s family and I hope he has a soft landing

There is an obituary in the COTH that mentions his owner

This week, with the same picture of the lady. Beverley Sanford McConnell, she was 93. Says she was to show the a yearling by River Talk’s sire, Musical River, in hand at Upperville, but died the day of the breeding division.

Kind of odd that they are giving him away, and since she’s obviously well known in the area and had more horses, odd that they even had to put an ad up for him.

You just never know unless you make specific arrangements what will happen to your horses after…

Seems sad.

That makes me sad, nice looking horse and I hope he gets a really soft landing.

It’s a lovely picture of him and his late owner. Hope he finds a good home.

How tragic for this obviously beloved horse.
PennyG

Definitely looked love :frowning: he looks very sweet

Pedigree:
http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pedigree.cfm?page_state=ORDER_AND_CONFIRM&reference_number=4587212&registry=T&horse_name=River%20Talk&dam_name=Sometimes%20Saucy&foaling_year=1996&nicking_stats_indicator=Y##

Must have been used for sport horse breeding. Do any of the VA people here know any of his get?

He was a homebred for Mrs. McConnell.

Musical River was a 1982 model. Unless they did frozen he’s amazing to have been fertile at age 31. :slight_smile:

What a cute guy, and he sounds like he has a lovely mind. I hope he ends up in good hands.

I love the pic with the hat. It looks like they’re trying to get his ears pricked and he’s like “Mmm Hmm yawn” :lol:

I’ve never seen River Talk, but I remember Musical River very well. Extremely typey stallion, owned, I think, by Moira O’Connell? She took him everywhere with her, showed locally in combined training, and perhaps dressage. I remember Musical River being more of an adored family member than just a horse.

Might have lost my marbles, but, I did send an email…if I can’t offer my backyard, maybe I can pass along some information to someone who can…:slight_smile:

Goodmorning… haha I hear ya… I emailed too, just to make sure he’s found a home before I shared the ad on my facebook. I’m trying not to drool every time I look at his ad. ~IAmFull.DoNotNeedAStallion~ :o

Yes, I emailed, too, because apparently, I am way short on self-control these days.

What a beautiful boy! He looks just like my 10 yo WB-- except taller. Please let us know what happens to him.

[QUOTE=KBEquine;7070724]
Yes, I emailed, too, because apparently, I am way short on self-control these days.[/QUOTE]

Let us know if you need any enabling!

I’m with Fish - especially in the first picture he looks just like our boy!

How big is he? He is cute and might do well if he is small.

River Talk is 17 hands as the first post said. It’s not small, but he looks so sweet and might be acting like a small horse. Size doesn’t matter it is the temperament that counts!!

He is actually 16 hands or a little under. He is 17 years old. I also emailed because… well apparently I’m insane. I really like him. The daughter sent me a picture of Mrs. McConnell tacking him up at the age of 90. Just relaxing and hanging out, standing there for her. He’s got such substance !

[QUOTE=evenstar;7070797]
Let us know if you need any enabling!

I’m with Fish - especially in the first picture he looks just like our boy![/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I think I can get myself in enough trouble without help!

I imagine if all of us emailed, they now have a lot of thinking to do.

If anyone gets him, we must get updates!!

I’m always bookmarking thoroughbred stallions I’d like to use later, and he’s exactly what I’d be looking for

[QUOTE=SpotMyH/J;7071223]
He is actually 16 hands or a little under. He is 17 years old. I also emailed because… well apparently I’m insane. I really like him. The daughter sent me a picture of Mrs. McConnell tacking him up at the age of 90. Just relaxing and hanging out, standing there for her. He’s got such substance ![/QUOTE]

OH-- so it turns out that he’s the same size as our guy by Cunningham, too. Indeed, a tank (air fern to keep-- dentist suggested we might even try cutting back on his air)-- the epitome of relaxation, and so much fun!

Anybody received responses to inquiries? Have plans to go see him?