Unlimited access >

Road trip across the USA; any good tack stores on my route?

I have to make an impromptu cross country trip in a few weeks and wanted to know if there were any tack stores I should stop by. My route is:
San Diego to Yuma, to Tucson, to El Paso, to Houston, to New Orleans, to Birmingham, to Kingsport.
Anything worth stopping at? Or bonus; anything I simply must do along my route?

In Houston, I always loved Charlotte’s Saddlery growing up. The Katy location was the one I went to, but I think they only have the Tomball location now. The Tomball one is really cute!

1 Like

Ooo! Tucson! Unfortunately no tack shops here, but if you want to stop in to the Old Pueblo, let me know. I’d be glad to show you around. Great tamales here!

In Birmingham, Carousel Tack is a lovely shop. Lots of nice gift items as well as tack. I bought my first saddle there.

1 Like

Thanks for the offer! Sadly I won’t have much time at any destination. I basically have to drive right through :frowning: I love Tucson!

1 Like

There is an Ariat Outlet shop in El Paso. I haven’t been there yet but wanting to.
Ariat Outlet (Las Palmas Marketplace), 1319 George Dieter Dr, Unit B, El Paso, TX 79936

Oooo good to know. I went to the one in Lexington a few years back and got some nice sun shirts.

Awww. If you ever come here or have time when you’re driving through, let me know!

1 Like