Unlimited access >

Robert Dover Clinic on USEF Network Now- January 6-8

I couldn’t make it all the way through Dover’s demonstration ride.

1 Like

They are riding tests today, with live scoring and commentary.

Details please, for those of us who haven’t seen it

1 Like

As I mentioned, I didn’t make through. Perhaps it got better, but I reached my limit.

Dover began with a monologue that could have been aimed at 1st grade children. Paraphrasing, but I don’t need to listen to; breathing is important, when you ride you use your muscles and muscles need oxygen to function and the bloodstream carries oxygen to the muscles, this horse is relatively inexpensive at 80K, yada yada yada.

I’ll try to watch again (later) and skip ahead to see him riding, hopefully the weird lecture that seemed to be aimed at grade school children will come to an end at some point in the video.

3 Likes

He gives that lecture every year. And a lot of his lessons are all full of visualization, breathing, imagining, blah, blah, blah…it starts to sound like a self help book or Oprah. I audited a 2-day symposium with him a couple of years ago and actually started to find all that talk really annoying. I’m just interested in watching the people ride!

1 Like

The lessons taught by the clinicians were good, and the tests that the riders rode today were worth watching.

Same here. Watched about 3 min of his mounted lecture. Fast forwarded to the first few min of the ride and went back to watching Alie. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Jesus.

8 Likes
2 Likes

Five Prescient Pointers. WTAF is that supposed to mean? Did the person who wrote that article bother to look up the definition of prescient?* Because I don’t think it means what they intended it to mean. Just grabbing for some catchy alliteration, I suspect.

• having precience, or knowledge of things or events before they exist or happen; having foresight.
2 Likes

I think that they meant inciteful, but it doesn’t start with a P. Psinciteful Pointers? Inciteful Information?

1 Like

I wonder how the “Vegan” Saddlery thing went.

2 Likes

I think they gave up on that. There were quality control issues and I don’t think they were able to make a premium product out of that material successfully. Not a bad idea at all, and someone else will likely have success with marketing “vegan tack” before too long. In this case it just doesn’t seem to have been well executed.

Oops, and I spelled insightful wrong. But I don’t have an editor.

Just wait…I have an editor on this site and didn’t ask for one. (-;

2 Likes