Unlimited access >

Robert Dover Clinic on USEF Network Now- January 6-8

https://links.usef.mkt7856.com/servlet/MailView?ms=MjE3ODk2MTcS1&r=MTMyMTYwNTg5NzAyS0&j=MjUyMDI4MzM1MgS2&mt=1&rt=0

2 Likes
4 Likes

I watched some rides last night, and will watch more over the weekend. I found many useful nuggets I can apply to my own riding. I liked Ali Brock’s teaching style and exercises very much. I haven’t watched enough of the others yet to form an opinion.

It really is interesting to watch these supple, athletic young people riding these fabulous horses and realize that they have the same issues as the rest of us mere mortals :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looks like if you have used the fan membership in the past you are no longer allowed to do that. I do not compete at USEF shows and when I tried to renew my fan membership it would only allow me to become a “subscriber” where the code horsemastership2023 still required me to pay $15. It’s not much, but all I need is the fan membership

I agree that Ali Brock was exceptional.

3 Likes

So I only have a fan membership from a few years ago and it will let me use it to just watch the live feed only. Not the on demand.

I kind of hope they don’t have this lady back. Both horses and the girls look confused. Too much focus on nit-picky details and not enough on forward and relaxation through balance and rhythm.

Which lady? The one teaching this morning? Is it Shelly Francis?

This is my favourite clinic to watch every year. Disappointing that only the live stream is free now, but worth the $15 to be able to watch all the sessions on demand.

2 Likes

I’m enjoying Ali Brock’s lessons.

3 Likes

Did anyone catch the breed of the 2nd rider’s horse? Ali asked but I didn’t hear the answer.

I have not been able to watch all the sessions but so far I loved Ali Brock as usual and really impressed with Olivia Lagoy-Weltz as well. She had a very kind and soft way of teaching from what I saw.

This is not a criticism of the program, the riders or clinicians in any way but this was the first year I found myself ever a little bit bored after awhile watching the program. I thought most of the teaching was great, riders were talented and the horses were superb quality. But for me, maybe from not watching all the lessons, as a spectator it all started to blend together. Like wow, another great young rider on a fabulous moving bay working on pirouettes and tempi changes! Ha! Nothing at all wrong with that but I thought past years had a slight bit of variety which for me made it more relatable and interesting. Like last year that pinto that was pretty opinionated in the sessions with George Williams. I’m sure it was not what the rider was hoping for nor what the program had wanted but it was nice to hear advice to hear about how George Williams thought to handle that stuff. I learned a lot. And then I remember they’re being like a German Ridng pony that was pretty fun to watch.

But I know this program isn’t really put on for us to watch. Relatability to amateurs on average horses is not the focus and I can respect that! Also I’m rehabbing a horse right now so maybe I’m just not feeling inspired to watch upper level rides for 3 days ha ha.

4 Likes

All the horses were superb quality, and it was nice to see a couple of riders working on some position corrections. How are these riders selected, and are most riding their own horses? If so, I hope they realize how fortunate they are.

1 Like

I went back to Ali asking how the horse was bred and I still can’t hear the reply. I was wondering about his breeding because of his long neck. It’s Ella Fruchterman’s horse. She rides him well.
Does anyone know about his breeding?

Answering my own question. Both of her horses are listed by USEF as Danish Warmbloods.

From the clinic website;

Automatic invitations to the RDHCW are sent to the champion and reserve champion from the Adequan®/USEF Young Adult Brentina Cup Dressage National Championship, top three overall winners from the Adequan®/USEF Junior Dressage National Championship and the Horseware Ireland/USEF Young Rider Dressage National Championship, the highest-placed U.S. individual and freestyle medalists from the FEI North American Youth Championships in the Young Rider and Junior divisions, and the champion and reserve champion from the USEF Children and Pony Rider Dressage National Championships and the USEF Dressage Seat Medal Finals. The remaining clinic spaces are open to wildcard applicants.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Agreed! They have uber talented horses and the benefit of age/fitness and they still struggle with the basics. That makes me feel a bit better. Lol.

1 Like

Did anyone catch who is commentating the tests today?

Kathy Connelly.

1 Like