Unlimited access >

Robert Dover Horsemastership Sessions aka Clip My Horse sucks

Ugh, I would love to watch, but I can’t get Clip My Horse to work. I hate this platform so much. USEF Network used to be great. Does anyone have the secret of how to watch this?

I’ve tried accessing it from USEF Network page from usef.org, logging into CMH, from the USEF Live page. It plays for one second and then tells me to link my USEF account or subscribe to a premium membership.

You have to open a clipmyhorse account. Then, the available info is very sparse.

1. login in to usef
  2. connect to CMH and must create an account - mine shows that it is “limited” and does not contain any billing information.

Here is the link for the on demand portion. I opened up a chat session to get the link.

1 Like

Is there a schedule of events? I caught some of the dressage rides this morning, but was just wondering what to expect the next few days.

I can’t find any schedule information beyond the day and start time 8:30. There aren’t any clinician names, rider details, ride times, nor day end time provided.

I keep getting a playback error. I usually watch this every year and never had this problem. I will see if I am able to watch the live sessions tomorrow.

2 Likes

It’s 5:40 AM CST, and I was able to get to the on demand / archive sessions that show as needing upgraded access Except, it does not. Go ahead and click on them, and enjoy the viewing. Based on my efforts (tech is/was my field), I think access will suffer during peak usage periods - not sure how, or whether, USEF will address the quality issues.

1 Like

I wish they’d have a camera on every ring so we can watch all the sessions later on demand.

2 Likes

I finally got in yesterday. Are they going to show anyone but Olivia Lagoy-Weltz?

1 Like

Ali Brock is doing today’s session

1 Like

Awesome, I really like her style of teaching

I really enjoyed watching this last rider, the young woman with the tight hips. As a much older rider with tighter hips, it was very beneficial to see the correlation between areas of tension and how it translates to how the horse moves/feels. I love the amount of “try” in that rider. To make all those adjustments successfully in such a short period of time is amazing.

4 Likes

As an older rider who throughout my riding career had trouble with tight hips, it wasn’t until I started riding in narrow twist saddles that I was able to get my leg on the horse and not have my hips hurt. I would love to see that young rider in a narrow twist saddle. Her hips should not be hurting.

2 Likes

I tried a few narrow twist saddles and found them very painful. I was able to find one I’m comfortable in and can move around a bit. If the tension is more in the lower back than the hips, the saddle twist won’t necessarily be the answer.

I just really enjoyed this clinic because the clinician was very vocal with information, and that particular rider was making very clear adjustments so you could see the improvement. I love these clinics because they remind you of things you’ve long since forgotten. Something as simple as a tension checklist will help next time I ride.

2 Likes

I watched several rides this morning. I found it particularly useful as the instructor (Ali Brock) was very much about the basics and explained a lot. In previous years I had seen a lot more of practicing piaffe etc, so not as interesting for me!

3 Likes

Ali Brock is a great instructor and IMO much better than Liv Lagoy-Weltz. Ali is really good at bringing the basics into the upper levels, so that auditors can get something out of it regardless of where they are with their education and their horse. I also really like how she focuses on the differences between each horse and rider and breaks down how to handle each personality and the problems that come from it. She is very clear and direct about what she wants and the horses and riders benefit from it.

4 Likes

How did you manage? It just keeps going in a loop from USEF, USEF Network, CMH, Link USEF account, then back to CMH page and perpetual loop. So frustrated!

I logged out, closed my browser, and reopened everything and signed in again. I think it was because I had signed up for CMH with a different email before I renewed my USEF membership so I had to sign in with the email used for USEF? I really don’t know.

The system is terrible and makes me angry every time I use it. There has to be a better way than this.

2 Likes

I dropped in today to verify ‘on demand’ is stall available to us. On USEF (Network) site, I see that live and on demand has a click through to CMH. I click through ‘premium required’ and begin watching

This session speaks to me. Maybe over time the supported number of simultaneous connections will be increased. Last year, I had so many problems. My CMH (created last year) account is very basic and free. My USEF account is active/competition.

I logged in yesterday and it was pretty good. The sound system is a bit iffy. There were a few times where I was watching Ali Brock and she’d cut out just as she was getting to the nuts and bolts of explaining how she would do something, which was a bit frustrating! However I’m guessing the participants weren’t having a problem, just us eavesdroppers!

(