Unlimited access >

Round Bales near Oxford/Cochranville, PA

Does anyone know where I can get round bales in the Oxford, PA area? I do need delivery. I can currently get them from someone out in Northern Chester County, but there has to be someone closer.

In addition, if anyone has recommendations for hay supplier (even if they don’t have rounds) in the area, I’ll take those too. My current supplier always has hay, but because of the distance, delivery charges add up. The other people I’ve gotten hay from tend to be pricey/inconsistent with their supply. I can only store about 125 squares at a time.

Recommendations are appreciated!

Try Kendal Kurtz, 717-419-6589 and or Andy Engle 717-572-7083. Both are located on Rt 10, Kendal about a mile north of 41 on the right and Andy about 1 ¾ miles on the left.
I am not sure if either have rounds on hand as a rule. Not many hay producers use round balers anymore around here. Not sure if either deliver won’t hurt to ask. Andy has a bigger selection of small squares.
It has been a very tough season to make nice hay very short weather windows. I am just finishing up my second cutting which is usually done by early July. Had to give away 30 tons of my first cutting for mushroom hay. So I am not going to have any for sale might have enough to get through the winter for our horses.

[QUOTE=gumtree;7130852]
Try Kendal Kurtz, 717-419-6589 and or Andy Engle 717-572-7083. Both are located on Rt 10, Kendal about a mile north of 41 on the right and Andy about 1 ¾ miles on the left.
I am not sure if either have rounds on hand as a rule. Not many hay producers use round balers anymore around here. Not sure if either deliver won’t hurt to ask. Andy has a bigger selection of small squares.
It has been a very tough season to make nice hay very short weather windows. I am just finishing up my second cutting which is usually done by early July. Had to give away 30 tons of my first cutting for mushroom hay. So I am not going to have any for sale might have enough to get through the winter for our horses.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Kendal Kurtz is my go to person when I need to pick up a 10-15 bales to last me between deliveries. His hay is always decent. I’ve also met him several times though I’m not sure if he delivers and I don’t think he regularly has rounds on hand. I’ve never gotten hay from Andy Engle but if he’s just uo the road from Kendal, I know exactly where he is.

It seems that while many people around here seem to feed rounds, it doesn’t look like many actually bale rounds (and those that do, don’t sell).

For the time being, I’m just going to continue to use my regular supplier in Elverson. It’s a bit of a hike with a delivery charge (though it only averages out to be about .50/bale extra if not less depending on my order size), but with a week’s notice, they can fill any order (rounds, squares, etc.). Plus my horses are happy to have rounds out 24/7 and I’m enjoying not having to stuff small whole nets 2x/day (I supplement with small squares, but with the rounds, they’re only going through 1 small bale/week).