Rules question

I am working with a para rider, and i am having a difficult time finding the rules.

accomodations allowed for example
and if a horse ridden by an able athlete may be ridden by a para athlete in the same show

i searched usdf, and usef but probably did not search appropriately

links would be much appreciate

Ok im canadian so rules may vary, i dont see this as a issue as long as the able bodied rider does not use any of the adaptive tack.

Bring two sets the allowed aids and the normal tack if that makes sense?

Also, the tests must still be “adjacent” to one another. For instance, A Para riding Para II tests (walk-trot) cannot ride the same horse in the same show that an able-bodied rider uses for Third Level. If the able-bodied rider is riding Training Level, it would be OK, I believe.

Check with your TD or show secretary to be sure. Also, the Para Equestrian website should be of help. (USPEA)

I loaned my Third Level horse to my PARA student for a show last year, but I rode my Third Level tests on the first and third days, she rode on the middle day. All three days were separate “shows”, so there was no conflict. She chose to ride Training Level tests, not PARA tests, but the same rule applies, of course.

Your student may need her USEF and/or FEI PARA card to compete. These cards verify the level of disability and the adaptive devices allowed. Again, if your rider has not gone through this process yet, ask your show secretary or TD. If it’s a local or schooling show, inform the show management and ask all the questions you need. You should be fine.

Everyone has been VERY supportive of my PARA student and they bend over backwards to support and encourage her!

para rider

[QUOTE=chisamba;6945125]
I am working with a para rider, and i am having a difficult time finding the rules.

accomodations allowed for example
and if a horse ridden by an able athlete may be ridden by a para athlete in the same show

i searched usdf, and usef but probably did not search appropriately

links would be much appreciate[/QUOTE]

As a para dressage rider I can tell you it is difficult to find information. Call the USEF and ask to speak to Joanne Benjamin. She is the go to person on rules. All Para Equestrians must follow the FEI rules, so when it doubt always refer to that.

To be classified as a para rider is a process. Easy, but it takes time. The application form is available on the USPEA web site.

Most schooling shows will allow a para rider who has not been classified to participate. Only when you attend rated shows do you need to cross you T’s and dot you I’s. Please contact me. I am happy to help.
please email me directly. Annie