Sad update on "The Big C!": Kim has passed away

I am so sorry. She encouraged me to make sure i got my Colonoscopy this past autumn. She told me her story. I am So sorry she is gone so quickly. May she RIP.

1 Like

Monika, if you haven’t already though of it, please make sure that Todd also is aware of how loved Kim was by our COTH ‘family’.

My heart still aches. I dreaded the day I would see this post :sadsmile:

I like to believe that while there were times she felt alone, that at the end she knew how loved and cherished she was by all of us.

{{Monika}} and {{Kim}} you are sorely missed…

1 Like

WHW – sorry if I forgot to mention it, but I did pass on all our condolences to Todd when we spoke. He also said that he knew how much the COTH family meant to Kim, and he wanted me to pass on his gratitude.

11 Likes

So very sad to hear this. I followed Kim’s journey even though I didn’t post much. This news breaks my heart, but I hope that Kim is now at peace. The fact that so many people from all over the country could care so much and extend such support for someone they have never met is a testament to human kindness. Kim’s sharing her story and encouraging people to get a colonoscopy will save lives. And her wonderful spirit and courage will carry on in the memories of so many of us. On the night Kim passed I was taking photos of the stars in the cold snow covered mountains of New Mexico. The wind was frigid but it was so beautiful and I noticed that there was an usual amount of shooting stars that night. RIP Kim, you were loved by many.

8 Likes

Big hugs to you fargaloo. I didn’t really post on Kim’s thread but I always read it. Her presence here will be missed. She had such an enormous impact on all of us through her posts and especially her cancer thread.

1 Like

Thanks Fargaloo. I was hoping that he knew how many people cared about her.

1 Like

I am so sad and sorry to hear of Kim’s passing. Thank you for letting people know, Monika, and thank you for your friendship and kindness to her. Have I told you what an amazing and exceptional person I think you are, and how proud I am to know you?
Thank you to Kim for sharing her journey, and to everyone here who showed her such support and love.

2 Likes

I posted on the other thread. My gosh, she laid bare her life, her journey, all of its ins and outs during this most frightening journey. How many of us have had a window upon that?

There are so many here to be thanked in her last days, for making them funny, comforting, enlightening. Her honesty was gift to me, to all of us.i had not posted there for a bit and I have no excuse, really.

Thank you to all of you.

2 Likes

On further thought. I am glad she is finally free of pain and the fear of what is to come. And that she is not besieged by the indignities of age. Ride free, girl and thank you for the gifts you gave us.

3 Likes