Sad update on "The Big C!": Kim has passed away

(I posted this on Kim’s thread, but thought a new thread would be more visible.)

Dear friends,

I just got a voice mail message from Todd that Kim passed away last night in her sleep. I have been trying to reach him but have no further details. I last spoke with Kim on Thursday night – although she was in pain, we talked like always, with lots of laughs. Last night I texted her to say “call me if you are up to chatting”. I was just about to call her back this morning after I saw her number in my call log – then checked the voice mail. I’m still in shock.

Kim and I grew very close over the last few months, so I know how much it mattered to her that all of you were here for her in spirit. She was exactly the person she was on this thread – feisty, no nonsense, witty, smart, with an enormous heart. We could talk for hours and she always made me laugh. I can’t believe I’ll never hear her voice again. I promised her I would see her again, and it breaks my heart to know I won’t keep that promise.

I’m grateful for the community that grew up around her, here on this board. We knew this day would come; I’d just hoped she would have more good time. We will miss her so very much.

With love,
Monika (fargaloo)

Godspeed, Kim.

Thank you, Monika, for being there for her.

1 Like

Thank you Fargaloo for letting us know. I hope Kim’s spirit is flying free. Godspeed Kim.

Thanks <3. As the reality is sinking in, it’s hitting me really hard. She was such a good friend to me.

1 Like

I am sorry for your loss. It is good she had you. Good friends are a precious and rare thing.

Please give an update if you hear what is happening with her kitty.

I was just about to check the other thread and wish Kim a nice weekend, then I saw this one and my heart sank :cry:​​​​​​

We knew this day would come, and I can only hope that she went peacefully. It just feels so out of sorts to talk with someone one day, and they are gone the next. Thank you for letting us know fargaloo.

May she rest in peace with her beloved critters.

Oh Monika - even knowing this would happen, the sting is very real. I am so glad she had a real live YOU to be a friend. Godspeed Kim - I will not forget your message or generosity in sharing your journey. :cry:

I am glad she is at peace and not in pain anymore. Godspeed Kim.

Susan

^
THIS
X1000

True friends are few & far between.
@fargaloo you were there when she needed you.
No truer friend could have done more.

Godspeed, Kim/@Sannois :(​​​​

2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear she is gone. I hope she knew how precious she was to all of us, and what a service she did in raising awareness on getting those colonoscopies done on time.

Monika, I’ve always felt you were an amazing person and enjoy reading your posts. I’m so glad you had the opportunity to be close to Kim. You were an outstanding friend to her.

Kim is now out of pain, but we will feel her absence for a long time to come.

Rebecca

2 Likes

Kim, you were an inspiration to us all, with your grace, courage, dignity and generosity in sharing your final journey. To borrow a bit from " old blue eyes", you “did it your way.”

3 Likes

[I]She taught us to be PRO-ACTIVE

She taught us to be BRAVE

She taught us to CHERISH

every ride

every friend

and every single day ~

RIP Kim ~ knowing you made a ‘difference’ ~ we listened and we heard you ~

RIDE ON girlfriend ~ we know “Handsome” was there to meet you ~ Meow !

• Condolences to Todd and fargaloo and all her friends ~[/I]
6 Likes

Fargaloo, thank you thank you for all the love and care you were able to give Kim these last few months and for your loss.

I have been dreading seeing this being topic posted.

While I am sad beyond belief that Kim is gone, I am happy that she’s no longer in pain and happy that she left us behind in her sleep.

Kim will forever be in my thoughts as an example of how to fight and not give up; living her life as she wanted.

I will go hug my dear dogs and shed some tears for a dear friend that I only ever got to know from a distance.

Kim, sleep will and wait for us… eventually we’ll be there :slight_smile:

{{Fargaloo}}

6 Likes

Peace and comfort to you, and all her family and friends, in this difficult time.

May Kim be at peace, surrounded by all her loving animals that were waiting for her on the bridge.

1 Like

Kim was such an amazing person and her spirit and courage will always be an inspiration. Fargaloo, I’m so glad you became so close to Kim, and I’m sorry for your loss, and for all of us for losing Kim.

Damn.

Lots of hugs, my thoughts to all that were close - and thank you Fargaloo, for being there for her. I will miss her contributions to this forum terribly. I hope Handsome was waiting for her across the bridge.

1 Like

Rest easy, Kim . . . may you be at peace.