Unlimited access >

Saddle cloth

I just received a really special gift — a saddle cloth from one of the graded stakes races of the sire of one of my horses (also a GSW.)

Two questions — how best to preserve/display this saddle cloth? And where can I hunt up a saddle cloth from my own boy? I’ve never reached out to prior connections, I guess that’s the most logical thing to do.

I have to say (repeat), I’ve received many lovely gifts over the years but this is really special!!!

1 Like

NYRA does the embroidered saddle cloths for graded stakes races (maybe just for Grade 1s) and allows the connections to take the towel. Anything other than graded stakes races were a standard saddle towel with lettering attached by velcro and those were always returned to the jocks’ room.

To preserve the one you have, you might wish to purchase a shadow box. They come in different lengths/widths and also in different depths.

1 Like

what is your horse’s name? if he ran in a graded stakes, it’s possible there’s one floating around. there are a few memorabilia dealers on ebay (spectacularbidsweb is one of the most well known) that you could message and see if they might know of one.