"Saddle Expert" jobs - Canada

Hi all!
I have been looking at a few job postings for saddle reps and I am curious to hear from those that are currently or have been in the field. What was your experience - the good and the bad. What where the hours like? How were you compensated?

I am located in Canada.

Is there any difference between jobs that specifically are titled “saddle sales” vs “saddle expert”.

Thank you

I don’t know the field but generally look at the actual job description because people can cook up all kinds of job titles, especially for sales.

For commission sales you want to look at the size of your designated sales territory in horse population/discipline and geography, the price of the item and your commission. Plus the reputation of the company. Plus remember most people only buy a new saddle when they get a new horse, and lots of us are dedicated second hand shoppers

1 Like

I haven’t been but I know two people that are/were. One is very good at sales and she loves traveling and attending shows, etc. The other only lasted about two years. She felt like she had to push a rider to buy whether the saddle or tack was right just so she could make a sale. Without a sale, no commission meaning no money. Plus she said the hours at shows and events are brutal.

1 Like

I think some are more commission based and others do offer salary.