Unlimited access >

Saddle Fitter qustion for the Maryland area or near by.

Does anyone have any experience with the saddle fitter Wendy Harrison?
Do you like/dislike her? why? (please do not hesitate to write a lot! i want as much info as possible!)

I have heard some mixed reviews so just trying to do a little more research.

Thanks!

Sorry don’t know anything about Wendy but, I really like Gina Perilla.(ginaperilla.com).

[QUOTE=SPF10;8290961]
Sorry don’t know anything about Wendy but, I really like Gina Perilla.(ginaperilla.com).[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I will take a look at her! Are there any particular reasons why you really like her?

I was not going to say anything, but I used Gina before I was a saddle fitter and was not impressed then.

[QUOTE=Confused353;8293543]
Thanks! I will take a look at her! Are there any particular reasons why you really like her?[/QUOTE]

The overall interaction, was easy to contact and she worked with my schedule. She is very personable. She talks to you about your horse, saddle and riding; any problems you may be having. I like the fact that she explains what she is seeing in current fit of the saddle, and shows you and lets you feel what she is talking about and what she can do to fix the problem. Basically gives you a mini saddle fitting lesson so you know what to look for if your shopping. Evaluates you and the horse with the saddle to make sure the proper changes have been made. She takes her time with each saddle/horse combo. I especially like that she is an independent fitter so she isn’t pushing any one brand of saddle.

Last time I had Gina Perelli out I told her I wasn’t interested in a Steubben and then she had me try three Steubbens. I’d used her before and liked her.

I’ve used Susey Coffey as well, and liked her too. Harder to get a hold of, but she worked with the saddles I had without even mentioning a new saddle, even though I told her I was open to buying a new one.

I had a friend who just used Coffey. She was happy with the results.

Suse Coffey is great. She fit my saddles for years and never tried to sell me a new one. I think she is also reasonably priced. She tends to schedule appointments by area so you may need to be a little flexible.

Ditto Susie! The best IMHO.