Unlimited access >

Saddle recommendations

Hi all,
I currently ride and love my tad coffin but unfortunately my guy isn’t really liking it anymore. Does anyone have any recs for a saddle that rides like a tad for the human? I’m trying to stay wool flocked as well since he seems to go better in wool. Thanks!

What does your saddle fitter say?

Others may disagree but the closest I’ve come to the TC “feel” are the older Beval Naturals. A friend of mine has one and she’s literally the only one in the barn doesn’t HATE riding in my TC. Most of the barn mates are in puffy French saddles these days, mostly CWDs.

Most TC saddles are wide for the horses and flat for the rider with a wider twist.

You might try an Antares Contact saddle with the SP tree. You can get a wide or extra wide tree for your horse (AO, AO2) and get the foam flocking replaced with wool. If looking at used, look for a contact model ( newer) or the SP tree (older) with L twist.

1 Like

Saddle fitter says the panels need to be redone but when I brought it to tad, he said they were fine. You can feel the tree through the foam. It also wants to slide back on him. We can sort of make it work. He went very well in my friend’s Albion. I wish I could replace the panels on the tad with wool. It would make life so easy.

Why can’t you? Most saddles you can change out foam for wool. Not cheap, but if you love the saddle, worth it.

Some saddles can’t genuinely be reflocked, not sure if Tad is one of them but agree - if you like the saddle, it’s worth asking about. I pulled foam out of a saddle and flocked with wool a few years ago - cost $300. Was worth every penny.

Tad will do a wool panel. All my TCs have been wool. That said the panels are NOT substantial.

The saddles are meant to be fitted with a half pad. Which half pad are you using?

1 Like