Saddles

Hey everyone!

So I’m in the market for a new saddle suited to low level eventing and all round riding. I have the disease charcot marie tooth and my legs basically go numb as soon as I sit in my current saddle. I lack balance. What saddle do you use or recommend? This is for a wide horse with mutton withers.

Thank you!

Search here for a thread, actually multiple treads using my name or Dream saddle.You’ll find a lot of suggestions. I’m still nervous on my new saddle a Phillipe Fontaine trekking that i got so cheap at the stuben sale, deep seat high cantle, cut back gullet.I bought 2 and have one on e-bay now.
Like you I have weak leg strength , I was riding a STeele planation saddle which felt safer but didn’t fit my horse and would not work for eventing.
You can jump some in the trekking saddle and there are several french saddle makers who make good trekking saddle(brain fog) which work for pleasure riding and lower jumps.
If you find something that helps you feel more secure do post it as I’m always looking. My horse is wide but has some withers.