Unlimited access >

Samshield

I had to order the OneK in oval online, but found that specific shape fit very similar to my Samshield (but ymmv of course!)

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Same here - I’m just getting my horse back in work and got an oval OneK and so far, I love it! I happily cut the straps on my Samshield and chucked it in the trash (it was due to be replaced anyway at almost 5 y/o).

1 Like

PM me - I may be able to help you with this.

2 Likes

Do you wear the same size as in Samshield?

My Samshield was a size 7 and the One K is a medium.

1 Like

Can you share what they said? I currently have a Samshield that fits well and is comfortable but it’s time to replace it and I’m leaning towards going back to a OneK (what I had before the Samshield) which also fit well and was comfortable.

The better answer is this,

Next week the Virginia Tech Helmet Study first round results will be released. Read over those and then try on the helmets that you’re interested in. See if you can find what fits you best and is safest.

What the idiots at Samshield said, matters far less than doing your own research and putting something on that fits and is (proven) to be a very safe helmet.

Em

1 Like

You’re absolutely right and I will definitely check out the study results. I was curious about Samshield’s attitude because I confess I got sucked into the “look” (and it DID fit great, I have to say) when I bought one 5 years ago. Now, I’m so over the “look” and so over the ridiculous prices. I’m looking forward to getting back to a OneK (which also fit great).