Unlimited access >

Sarah Andrew's 2014 Horses & Hope calendar: SECOND print run!

[QUOTE=foundationmare;7274858]
Sarah, I can’t wait to receive my calendars! I don’t know how you do it, but I am so thankful and appreciative that you do.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!

Here’s the story of TJ, the star of June in the 2014 calendar- he’s a registered Quarter Horse who ended up at auction with a show record, excellent training, and some very sore feet. You can read the happy story about his recovery here:

http://thetdnblog.blogspot.com/2013/11/horses-and-hope-tjs-story.html

I have not seen these calendars before, but they look awesome! I am going to order one for me and one for a friend this week! Thanks for the post.

I don’t see how you guys do it. I left the shelter (no-kill shelter, no less) crying like an idiot when I dropped my last two foster kittens off.

I ordered some calendars last year as Christmas gifts and did so again this year.

Thanks to all involved in these lovely calendars!

[QUOTE=ParadoxFarm;7279114]
I have not seen these calendars before, but they look awesome! I am going to order one for me and one for a friend this week! Thanks for the post.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much, and I hope you and your friend enjoy your calendars!

[QUOTE=rubygirl1968;7279468]
I don’t see how you guys do it. I left the shelter (no-kill shelter, no less) crying like an idiot when I dropped my last two foster kittens off.

I ordered some calendars last year as Christmas gifts and did so again this year.

Thanks to all involved in these lovely calendars![/QUOTE]

Thank you- I really appreciate you coming back to order them each year.

One of the reasons I chose One Horse At a Time as the recipient charity for the calendar proceeds was because they are able to reach out and help so many horses. They are not a traditional rescue that houses horses, and instead their funds go toward gelding grants, medical grants, and emergency feed. It seemed like a very appropriate way for the calendar money to come full circle and help as many horses as possible. The volunteer work can be a challenge at times, but seeing the horses in new, happy homes and seeing the difference we can make with the calendar fundraiser makes it all worthwhile.

New Jersey shoppers, you can save on shipping and purchase your calendar in-hand by attending one of the following in-store calendar signings:

Black Friday, Nov 29 from 10am - 2pm: Rick’s Saddle Shop in Cream Ridge, NJ

Small Business Saturday, Nov 30 from 10am - 2pm: Rick’s Saddle Shop in Cream Ridge, NJ

Saturday, December 7 from 11am - 3pm: Horsemen’s Outlet in Lebanon, NJ

Great day at Rick’s today! We sold THREE TIMES the calendars we sold yesterday. It was so nice to see everyone stopping by the tack shop to help us with the calendar project. I made some new friends and caught up with some old ones. It was wonderful to work with the nice folks at Rick’s, who generously hosted this event.

BIG thanks to equestrian columnist Nancy Jaffer for putting this article about the calendar together for the Star-Ledger. They even printed one of the photos in color in the sports section! http://www.nj.com/sports/njsports/index.ssf/2013/12/a_calendar_brings_hope_for_hor.html

That is pretty cool! When received my calendars I waited until night to look at it. I cried through every story. Anybody who isn’t moved has a hole where a heart should be.

[QUOTE=foundationmare;7285387]
That is pretty cool! When received my calendars I waited until night to look at it. I cried through every story. Anybody who isn’t moved has a hole where a heart should be.[/QUOTE]

I’m so glad you’re enjoying your calendar! There are some really wonderful horses in this edition.

MORE great press for the calendar! Here’s Fran Jurga’s excellent writeup for Equisearch/EQUUS: http://blogs.equisearch.com/horsehealth/2013/12/02/cyber-monday-giving-tuesday-horses-and-hope-calendar-sarah-andrew-gina-keesling-hoofprints-rescue-unwanted/

Today is Cyber Monday, the day when we are all supposed to be on the web clicking like mad to take advantage of the great deals that merchants are offering.

But tomorrow is Giving Tuesday. That’s the day we’re supposed to click on our favorite charities’ donation pages, and make sure that some of our holiday largesse goes to those who need it.

Here’s a way to combine Cyber Monday and Giving Tuesday into one keystroke: order the Horses and Hope Calendar for your own wall…and for your horse-loving friends, colleagues, professionals and supporters. You can’t give too many of these this holiday season.

Sarah, thank you for letting us see horses with your eyes.

[QUOTE=ML;7288671]
Sarah, thank you for letting us see horses with your eyes.[/QUOTE]

Thank you- it’s such a thrill to spend time with all these wonderful horses and people each year. I’m proud to share them all with you.

Here are the top 10 reasons why Horses and Hope is not your everyday calendar…

http://thetdnblog.blogspot.com/2013/12/10-reasons-why-horses-and-hope-is-not.html

What does One Horse At A Time, Inc. do with the calendar funds? Here’s an example: “OHAAT awarded a grant of $915 to an organization in Florida. Even though it is solely a horse sanctuary, the organization stepped in to help with an emergency rescue of a large number of horses, some of which were wild Florida “cracker” horses. The grant went specifically to help with urgent veterinary care of four of the horses.”

TOMORROW, Saturday, December 7, I’ll be at Horsemen’s Outlet in Lebanon, NJ from 11am to 3pm. You can buy your calendars directly from me and save the shipping cost. The store also has a Secret Santa discount the same day, so it’s a great opportunity to come out and shop for all the horsey people on your list.

Thank you to everyone who showed up at the calendar signing on Saturday. It was a great success, and I got to meet some wonderful people. And thank you to the gracious folks at Horsemen’s Outlet for hosting the event!

BIG thanks to the Paulick Report and Natalie Voss for the excellent coverage of the Horses and Hope Calendar Project!!! You can read the story here: http://www.paulickreport.com/features/three-chimneys-presents-good-news-friday/three-chimneys-presents-good-news-friday-a-new-year-of-horses-and-hope/

Some GREAT news on a cold winter evening…

1. We’re doing a short second print run of Horses and Hope 2014 calendars because we’ve SOLD out of our first print batch! Order now before they sell out again.
  2. Over the past 3 years, the calendar has officially raised OVER $100,000 for horses in need!!! Thank you for all your generous purchases- we could not have done this without your support.

Sarah, the people I gave them to were very appreciative. I have hung mine at work and it has already generated many opportunities for me to explain to patients and coworkers what it is all about. Our new surgeon and I had quite a discussion today about various animal relief organixations and I intend to continue the discussion. I am excited about 2014, the year of the horse!