Unlimited access >

Sarah Andrew's 2014 Horses & Hope calendar: SECOND print run!

Great news- there WILL be a 2014 Horses and Hope calendar! For the third year, I’ve teamed up with Gina Keesling of HoofPrints to create the wildly-popular calendar that showcases unique equine photography and helps horses in need. You can order the 2014 calendar at this link (scroll to the bottom of the page. Order number is #CALSKA14 for the 2014 version or #CALSKA-SET for a collector’s set of 2014, 2013, and 2012 calendars): http://www.hoofprints.com/ska.html

You can read about the 2012 calendar here and the 2013 calendar here. Thanks to your generous calendar purchases, One Horse at a Time (OHAAT) was able write grants to geld hundreds of colts and provide emergency medical care and feed for horses nationwide.

I’ll be at Rick’s Saddle Shop in Cream Ridge, NJ on Friday, Nov 29 and Saturday, Nov 30 for in-store calendar signings from 10am - 2pm.

I’ll also be at Horsemen’s Outlet in Lebanon, NJ on Saturday, December 7 from 11am - 3pm for an in-store calendar signing.

Every year, we work hard to keep the calendar inspirational and positive, and we strive to highlight the great things that people are doing to help horses all over the country. Thank you for your support, and I hope you enjoy this year’s calendar. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome.

Are you the designer of the calendar?? If so, WOW!! So beautiful!! I have all 3, and I always start crying when I open mine, because it is laid out so fantastically.

Fortunately, my family just continues opening gifts around me and ignores me :wink:

[QUOTE=2horseygirls;7167122]
Are you the designer of the calendar?? If so, WOW!! So beautiful!! I have all 3, and I always start crying when I open mine, because it is laid out so fantastically.

Fortunately, my family just continues opening gifts around me and ignores me ;)[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I’m the photographer, but Gina Keesling of HoofPrints gets all the credit for the layout and design work. She donates hours and hours of her time to work with me on the calendar, and it’s always a real treat to see what she comes up with.

I’m thrilled that you enjoy the calendars so much! Thank you for supporting this project.

[QUOTE=Alibhai’s Alibar;7167124]
Thank you! I’m the photographer, but Gina Keesling of HoofPrints gets all the credit for the layout and design work. She donates hours and hours of her time to work with me on the calendar, and it’s always a real treat to see what she comes up with.

I’m thrilled that you enjoy the calendars so much! Thank you for supporting this project.[/QUOTE]

yeah … all you do is donate your time taking those incredible photographs.
Slacker … :slight_smile:

So glad to hear there will be a 2014 model. I give them to all my horsey friends for Christmas and they love them.

These are absolutely the most gorgeous, high quality horse calendars ever, and I’m really anxious to see the 2014 version!

[QUOTE=mp;7167491]
yeah … all you do is donate your time taking those incredible photographs.
Slacker … :slight_smile:

So glad to hear there will be a 2014 model. I give them to all my horsey friends for Christmas and they love them.[/QUOTE]

:slight_smile: We both put a pretty serious amount of blood, sweat, and tears into the project each year, but it’s such a thrill to see the final product!

Thank you so much for supporting the effort with your generous purchases.

[QUOTE=Liberty;7167590]
These are absolutely the most gorgeous, high quality horse calendars ever, and I’m really anxious to see the 2014 version![/QUOTE]

Thank you :smiley: We’re hard at work, and have a whole set of new stories and faces to share!

Here’s a sneak peek at the month of July, featuring the Retired Racehorse Training Project, or RRTP: http://thetdnblog.blogspot.com/2013/10/horses-and-hope-retired-racehorse.html

I also have an update: we will be sending the artwork to the printers today or tomorrow, and printing process should complete in about 2 1/2 or 3 weeks, so we’ll have plenty of time to get them shipped for the holidays. Thank you for all your orders so far.

Here’s a sneak peek at the month of May, featuring Chance, a handsome grey gelding who is quickly becoming a barn favorite and a lovely riding horse- he has the floatiest trot, and can run like the wind: http://thetdnblog.blogspot.com/2013/11/horses-and-hope-story-of-slim-chance.html

I can’t wait to get mine!! I’m so excited to have gotten to be a part of it this year

[QUOTE=tabula rashah;7247588]
I can’t wait to get mine!! I’m so excited to have gotten to be a part of it this year[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to sharing your story!

“Like” Horses and Hope Calendar Project on Facebook for a chance to win a free 2014 calendar. Winner will be drawn at random on Monday, November 18, 2013. Best of luck!

September features the lovely and versatile Standardbreds of Horse Rescue United- you can see a sneak peek here: http://thetdnblog.blogspot.com/2013/11/horses-and-hope-horse-rescue-united.html

August tells the story of Esme, and her owner (a COTHer!). Click here to read about her transformation from an unhandled 6-year-old to the lovely riding horse she is today. I’ve had the pleasure of watching this team develop over the past few years, and it’s a real inspiration to see how well they work together.

On Friday, November 29 (Black Friday) and Saturday, November 30 (Small Business Saturday), I’ll be at Rick’s Saddle Shop in Cream Ridge, NJ to sign and sell calendars.

Rick’s Saddle Shop
Equestrian Superstore
282 Route 539
Cream Ridge, NJ 08514
(609) 758-7267

[QUOTE=Alibhai’s Alibar;7250121]
“Like” Horses and Hope Calendar Project on Facebook for a chance to win a free 2014 calendar. Winner will be drawn at random on Monday, November 18, 2013. Best of luck![/QUOTE]

Winner will be drawn TODAY- “like” the Horses and Hope Calendar Project on Facebook to become eligible to win a free 2014 calendar.

Calendars have completed the printing process and are shipping out. Thank you for all your orders so far!

We received a very nice note the other day…

I received my Horses and Hope calendar today and I wanted to shoot you a note. You and Sarah, and everyone else involved have done a beautiful job! The pictures, layouts, stories and inspirational messages are all outstanding! It is truly a work of art! The fact that it is helping horses makes it even better.

I’m very pleased to announce a SECOND in-store calendar signing event! Saturday, December 7 at Horsemen’s Outlet in Lebanon, NJ from 11am to 3pm. You can buy your calendars at the event and save the shipping cost. The store also has a Secret Santa discount the same day, so it’s a great day to come out and shop for all the horsey people on your list.

Sarah, I can’t wait to receive my calendars! I don’t know how you do it, but I am so thankful and appreciative that you do.