Unlimited access >

Saudi Cup 2024

Senor Buscador wins!!
So very thrilled for all of his connections.

https://twitter.com/RacingTV/status/1761449820382691726

1 Like

LOL, I love the honesty…‘did you believe the whole way coming into this week?’ And an exasperated but honest, NO! Gotta love it, no matter the discipline…horses man, ya just never know.

2 Likes

Impressive stretch run!

1 Like

Neat horse — I don’t know if it’s common knowledge but his name means Mr. Prospector in Spanish.

1 Like

I had an interest in the Saudi Derby, on the undercard. Bentornato, by Valiant Minister out of Her Special Way, finished third. He’s probably best at 7f, but it took a lot of faith for his connections to send him halfway around the world for a 1 turn mile against international competition. He’s a good horse and has beaten up on FL breds, but nice to see he had a chance on a big stage.

My husband bought Her Special Way for me two years ago, in foal to Valiant Minister (full sib to Bentornato), as a sport horse mare. She has a lovely 2023 filly by Saketini, who may now be worth more as a race horse than eventer. :wink: We sold Special and her 2022 Valiant Minister colt last fall after Bentornato won his 2nd stakes race, making a decent profit. I would have loved to keep her, but it was the right decision financially.

This is “Seven” her Saketini filly.

6 Likes