Unlimited access >

Savannah GA Barns??

First time user!!!:slight_smile:

I am moving to Savannah Ga soon and need to locate pasture board for my “small” Belgian (that just means his legs are NOT in proportion to his head/body!!). I hope to live in the Ardsley Park area. I am a trail rider. When I was in Savannah late last month, I visited two barns; one in Richmond Hill; the other in Rincon. Both appeared to have adequate trails but I have subsequently read that the gnats/bugs are worse because of the swamp/marshes. So, are the other barns with MILES of trails that someone can recommend? I am very spoiled right now where I live in the amount of well maintained trails. My big boy is barefoot (Thank God) but he doesn’t like gravel too much. Any help would be appreciated!!

Plus, along that same line, recommendations re: interstate horse transport? The little research I have done lets me no that all companies are not alike; and that my horse will need a wider/bigger trailer because of his size.

Thanks so much.

Nancy

I have already spent over two hours reading other conversations on here! It’s like YouTube - sucks 'ya in!

The only stable I know of with miles of trails is Longfield Stables over in Bluffton, SC, which is not far from Savannah. Extremely pricey to board there though. Over $1,000 a month I believe. Dove Field Farms has some nice trails and there is a lot of dirt roads to hack down in the area. They are located in Guyton, about 30 miles from Savannah. If you want a contact number for them, just send me a pm. Good luck in your search.

Unless you are west of I 95 the gnats will be bad. Finding pasture board with miles of trails for a draft horse is going to be tough in that area (I grew up there and lived there until 2004)

PM CloudyandCallie, she boards there and can give you the pluses and minuses on most of the farms.

Forgot about Hickory Ridge. They have a big group of trail riders there. Located in Rincon GA. Ava Dantis is the owner, you can google it.

Visited the barn. Really liked Ava - talked with her over 2 hours. My top contender right now! Thanks.

Oh yes, love Ava!